Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2005 Corolla Le Headlight

by ScottY, December 25, 2007

Hi all,

New to Corolland. My gf has a 2005 LE and needs to replace the headlights. The Philips X-treme Power gets pretty good review from number of Prius owners over at PriusChat.com (I'm a Prius owner myself). They said the X-treme Power seems to be about 80% brighter than the OEM bulbs like Philips claims, so I would like to get those for her. I wonder which one fits the 2005 Corolla, H4 or H7?

Thanks in advance!

Max

Welcome to the forum.

Phillips site says:

Year of Car: 2005

Make of Car: TOYOTA Model of Car: COROLLA

Type of Bulb: Low beam

Description: X-treme Power: Up to 80% more light - brightest halogen available

Part Number: 9006XP

More on high beams and DTRs here:

http://www.nam.lighting.philips.com/us/aut...xtremepower.php

Hey Max, thanks for the fast reply! I'll try to locate that PN on websites.

Max

No problem. Lemme know if you end up going with these, and how they work for your GF. I'm about ready to replace my own and have been considering a couple different Phillips lights.

No problem. Lemme know if you end up going with these, and how they work for your GF. I'm about ready to replace my own and have been considering a couple different Phillips lights.

Sure, I'll keep you guys informed.

Guys,

get them. I have them on my 94 DX as well as my wife's 98 LE. Brighter than stock but obviously not "white" like HIDs or those fake xenon bulbs. They light up really well.

I bought them here:

http://www.suvlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=100

BTW, I thought all Priuses come with HIDs?

Heads up. One report of the X-treme Power burnt out in 2 months from PriusChat forum. Philips only do store returns, so if you bought them online, you are SOL. Just remember that this is one sample size.

GTChink, there are different packages you can pick. I chose one of the lower packages with regular halogen lights. How long did your X-treme Power last? I actually don't like the fake "white" that looks blue.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)