Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Tuneup For A 2004 Corolla S

by dave30076, December 18, 2007

Question for all. When did you change the spark plugs on your Corolla? I have a 2004 Corolla S with 73,000 miles, and as I had remembered, the maintenance guide shows changing the plugs are 120,000 miles. I have to assume these are some of those seriously long-life plugs. Has anyone chosen to change them sooner?

Also, my dealer has a couple of service specials, like a "fuel injection service" for $69.95, where they clean the injectors. Anyone had this done, or feel it's worth the money? I've also seen a service to clean the throttle body. Thoughts?

Bikeman982

Spark plugs, fuel injectors, and throttle body.

Lots of previous posts on all three questions.

Spark plugs, fuel injectors, and throttle body.Lots of previous posts on all three questions.

Thank you...I am searching now. The search engine was acting a bit buggy for me, wouldn't work with two words, so I searched with some extra words this time. Seems to work now.

Plugs are fine at this mileage, and the other two aren't really that needed either. I average almost 34 mpg in city and highway driving, with a 5 speed and lots of traffic jams. I make right at 40 mpg on the highway, so I think all is well, save for the normal scheduled maintenance.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)