Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Unusual Wear On Rear Tires

Guest sschmitt

I have a 2001 Corolla. I recently noticed a vibration coming from the rear of the car at speeds over 45 mph. I had the tires inspected and found that the rear tires are wearing strangely. As I spin the wheel, the tread thickness varies. The tire guy said it might be the rear struts going out, but the car doesn't bounce excessively on rough road or when I shove down on it to test it. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this?

• 200 posts

In my case, it was alignment. Have the suspension system checked and try a 4-wheel alignment. Worked for me! default_smile

Do NOT take this as gospel but... doesn't this sound like a badly balanced wheel?

OR out-of-balance hub caps? Good luck... Jim

Dai_Shan

Yeah i had a similar problem on a saturn. Guy said it was from not rotating the tires....ever haha. (at about 50k miles) Was as simple as that....guy said since front were almost bald...it was best for 4 new tires (rotating would just make it handle bad (having buumpy tires in front))

Guest sschmitt

Do NOT take this as gospel but... doesn't this sound like a badly balanced wheel?

OR out-of-balance hub caps?  Good luck... Jim

I had them check the balancing and they all seemed good. Looks like I'll be replacing the rear tires; at least.

Thanks to all who responded.

Maybe you broke a belt inside the radial tires. ?

Topic List