Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2005 Corolla Ce Tires

by hulio warez November 24, 2007

The tires on my 05 corolla ce are worn pretty bad and i need to get new ones before it starts snowing. I have no clue about what brand to get? the walmart website lists the tire specs as- P185/65R15 86S.

Are there any specific brands I should look out for? I'm going to stick to the major ones- bridgestone, goodyear and michelin. Also, i want to by all season tires but something that handles well in the snow.

any suggestions would be appreciatd.

Thanks!

Max

Popular all-season tire choices here are Goodyear TripleTred, Michelin Harmony, and Yokohama TRZ or H4-s. I have Bridgestone Turanza LS-Ts, and they are exceptional, smooth, sticky, great in rain or snow. I upsized to 195/60/15. Lower profile gives me same diameter as original tires. Go visit http://www.tirerack.com/ for info and reviews, and/or use the Corolland search function.

Corolla OEM tires are dog waste.

Max listed a few good picks for you. I loved the Michelin Harmony tires (upsized to 195). Now have BF Goodrich Traction/TA from BJ's Club and am very satisfied with performance, especially in wet weather.

Sears and BJ's give lifetime free rotations.

Popular all-season tire choices here are Goodyear TripleTred, Michelin Harmony, and Yokohama TRZ or H4-s. I have Bridgestone Turanza LS-Ts, and they are exceptional, smooth, sticky, great in rain or snow. I upsized to 195/60/15. Lower profile gives me same diameter as original tires. Go visit <a href="http://www.tirerack.com/" target="_blank">http://www.tirerack.com/</a> for info and reviews, and/or use the Corolland search function.

how good are these all season tires compared to a regular winter, ice radial ??

do the all seasons really grip on ice ?

Bikeman982

I would recommend tires like my son has on his car - Hancook Optimo H727 185/65R-14.

They look great and have lasted a long time.

Definitely do not get the cheap ones from Walmart.

I ordered some and now have to tell Walmart I don't want them, due to a bad reputation.

I ended up getting four Hercules MRX Plus IV from a private party.

how good are these all season tires compared to a regular winter, ice radial ??

do the all seasons really grip on ice ?

The Goodyear Triple Treds are listed as good in "light" snow. I've read that directional tires don't make for a good winter tire. The best way to go, I think, would be to buy a set of decent snow tires and mount them on 4 more rims. Then buy a set of summers next year.

The reason for extra rims being that (at least here) it costs around $45 for an extra Corolla rim, which would come out to a bit under $200. At most places around here it costs over 50 bucks to have your tires changed if they have to take them off the rims and put the winters' on. Seeing as you would do that twice a year, the rims would pay for themselves in two years assuming you change them yourself.

A dedicated snow tire is going to out perform a all weather tire. Snow tires tend to wear out very quickly on dry roads, due to the rubber compound that stays soft in freezing weather. The same rubber compound falls apart on dry roads.

It is best to get a summer and all weather set, but not everyone can do that.

If you go all weather, try and find a tire that is rated decent in snow, with a bigger number tread wear. You gotta trade off on something with a all weather tho. No one tire can be great at everything.

Max

bhp- They don't even begin to compare with dedicated snow tires. But the poster indicated that he wants all-seasons.

https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa53/MS...07/100_1914.jpg

I did alot of studying and research on tires for my Corolla and the best reviews all around were for the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S. What a difference they made in replacement of the Firestones I had on previously.

Great handling in wet weather and quiet when dry. They run about $94 each, but thats almost reasonable for a premium tire.

thanks for the suggestions! appreciate all the input i can get. I can't really afford summer and winter tires and given the weather in kansas, its dry one day and snowing the next..so i'm going to get all season tires..still researching..its almost like any tire i find, i can find good reviews and bad reviews...so it is getting frustrating

any one hear anyting abotu the michelin WeatherWise II? I called my local sears autocenter and he said the harmony has been discontinued and recommended the michelin weather wise II..he said its pretty close to the harmony and will run me 84.54 per tire

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)