Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2000 Corolla Le Door Issue

by Jeff726, October 26, 2007

• 200 posts

Been a long time since I last logged in here.....

What parts do I need to purchase to replace the door opening mechanism for my car? I need it for the front driver side door on the interior. The outside opens fine w/o trouble and the lock is in perfect shape also. default_wink

Bikeman982

Been a long time since I last logged in here.....

What parts do I need to purchase to replace the door opening mechanism for my car? I need it for the front driver side door on the interior. The outside opens fine w/o trouble and the lock is in perfect shape also. default_wink

Do you need the mechanism, or just the handle?

• 200 posts

The mechanism, since it was originally a spring that broke inside, but the mechanism worked until the handle itself broke.

Bikeman982

Is it power windows/door locks?

Was the spring part of the handle?

I have seen handles that broke due to the spring too strong, and also the plastic handle broken.

The handle is usually connected to a rod that goes to the latch mechanism for the door.

Is the latch mechanism what you need, or the door handle which also includes the spring?

It may be different for the 2000, than the model years I have seen.

• 200 posts

All I needed was the handle part, which was around $25. My wife's brother put it on for us, and it's good to go! Thanks for the help, guys and sorry I didn't holler back sooner.

Bikeman982

All I needed was the handle part, which was around $25. My wife's brother put it on for us, and it's good to go! Thanks for the help, guys and sorry I didn't holler back sooner.
Thanks for the update and good luck with your car.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)