Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Parking Your Car

By muzak, October 14, 2007

Touch Wood! I haven't had a parking lot "ding" in any vehicle I've owned in the past 20 years. I consider it exercise when I park at the far end of a parking lot, uphill of shopping carts, and have to walk a little bit extra to the store I'm visiting.

Today at Wal-Mart I came across an old Mustant straddled across at least 4 parking spots and would probably have "keyed" him in my younger days. To me..anyone that takes up mutiple parking spots is just looking to get their vehicle vandalized.

put shopping carts all around the car, pointing in and touching the car :laugh:

I don't mind them straddling multiple spots but they better be at the far end of the parking lot.

Touch Wood! I haven't had a parking lot "ding" in any vehicle I've owned in the past 20 years. I consider it exercise when I park at the far end of a parking lot, uphill of shopping carts, and have to walk a little bit extra to the store I'm visiting. Today at Wal-Mart I came across an old Mustant straddled across at least 4 parking spots and would probably have "keyed" him in my younger days. To me..anyone that takes up mutiple parking spots is just looking to get their vehicle vandalized.

Bikeman982

I don't care if they take up as many parking spots as they want.

If they park away from the building it does not affect me.

I park as close as I can get.

My cars have so many dings on them that a couple more won't matter.

I don't care if they take up as many parking spots as they want.If they park away from the building it does not affect me.

LOL, you drive ding magnets. default_laugh

I try to find good spots, not necessarily far away, I "try" to avoid two door cars, big SUV and trucks, but it's hard because even if one does, the cars on both sides of you may leave and those same ones you avoided, may end up parked next to you anyways.

Bikeman982

I don't care if they take up as many parking spots as they want.If they park away from the building it does not affect me.

LOL, you drive ding magnets. default_laugh

I try to find good spots, not necessarily far away, I "try" to avoid two door cars, big SUV and trucks, but it's hard because even if one does, the cars on both sides of you may leave and those same ones you avoided, may end up parked next to you anyways.

I think it is unhealthy to be so paranoid about an inanimate object.

New cars never stay new and there is always an initial christening.

All cars will become old and very few will escape the minor fender bender or dparking lot ding.

It is a natural course of the life of a car and to anguish over the exterior appearance is lunacy.

I do think a good-looking car is a good thing and we do not need to expose them to unnecessary dangers.

Parking far away and walking is also a healthy habit.

Keep your cars looking as good as you can because in 10 years or so I will buy them on e-Bay.

Maybe - you don't know for sure!!

Last weekend I chanced to walk past a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud parked across two spaces. Probably wouldn't have been a good fit for a single space anyway. Probably an early 60's model. I think a car like that, of which ~2,300 were ever built, is entitled to multiple spaces.

Someone has to have some seriously large marshmellows to park a classis like that in public. I'm hoping this was in a parking garage or if outside, in good weather.

Someone has to have some seriously large marshmellows to park a classic like that in public. I'm hoping this was in a parking garage or if outside, in good weather.
It was in the parking lot of a large church with really nice weather, open sky parking.

I had a feeling it was rare, so I went home and Googled it to find out more.

Bikeman982

Someone has to have some seriously large marshmellows to park a classic like that in public. I'm hoping this was in a parking garage or if outside, in good weather.

It was in the parking lot of a large church with really nice weather, open sky parking.

I had a feeling it was rare, so I went home and Googled it to find out more.

Driven only once a week to church, by a little old lady.

I have had dings in the past. I park far. Even my 1994 corolla which is ding free. Well there is a small scratch on the bumper and a tiny ding on top of the wheel well and I will be shelling out 50 dollars soon to get that out because when I go out to kiss my cars good bye every night, I see that ding and it delays my sleep by ten minutes every night. I have left notes on people's windshields cursing them becauase they dinged me. I have done things to get even that I can't mention here......................... THE OLDER THE CAR.. IN THE BETTER CONDITION THAT IT IS.. THE SEXIER IT LOOKS... Anybody can have a new car in a good shape ! That is not hard work. What makes a psycho like me special is an older STOCK car in a good shape...

Some people have no respect for other people's property and they are not carefule when they park their car and open their doors. I have no respect for them.

That mustang guy. He was lucky I wasn't walking by that place........... However, it it was a SUPRA........ I would have smiled with love passing by it... or probably waited there for the guy/gal to return and kiss him/her.... default_smile

Bikeman982

What if everyone loved their cars so much that they all parked far away from the door.

That would make more parking spots closer to the door for people like me.

Keep up the good work - park as far away as you dare!

Topic List: Go to Everything Else