Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Studded Snow Tires

by BlkRollaS2003, October 11, 2004

I have a 2003 Corolla but figured you guys/gals could give me a hand. As winter approaches I am thinking of getting my frist set of studded snow tires. I was looking at Nokian Snow Tires, and also tires from TireRack.com. If I was to get them from TireRack I can afford Rims for my car also, if I get Nokian's I don't believe I could get rims also. Any Advice would be greatly appricitated.

Thanks!

I suggest: buy the Nokians mounted on your factory rims now, and save up for a set of fancy rims for next spring. Winter means snow and always getting dirty, not to mention corrosion if they use salt on the road up where you live. I would feel more confident knowing I had a dependable, good-quality winter tread than to regret buying the cheaper ones if they gave me a problem when it's -30 outside.

My $.02. I'm originally from Wisconsin so I know what I'm talking about.

default_smile

I already have fairly nice rims for my car the toyota factory Alloy's. As far as salt on the road, that's all they seem to use around here - no gravel at all, just salt. So I was thinking of getting some cheap steel rims for the car to mount the snow tires on.

Good idea, especially if it should slide on a patch of ice and slam against a curb. My RAV has factory alloys (the 5-spoke design also used on the Lexus RX330) and I'm being extra careful to avoid curb rash.

Topic List