Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1999 Le Clunking Noise Coming From Rear Of Car

Guest livefromheaven

I've got a great running 99 Corolla that has been sounding a little off recently. It sounds like something is thumping or clanking towards the rear of my car. I took everything out of my trunk and I'm about to have somebody ride in the rear of my car and listen for the noise to determine where it's coming from. It's not terribly loud and happens mostly when going over a bump, sometimes while accelerating or turning. Could this be the sound of struts going bad? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Bikeman982

I've got a great running 99 Corolla that has been sounding a little off recently. It sounds like something is thumping or clanking towards the rear of my car. I took everything out of my trunk and I'm about to have somebody ride in the rear of my car and listen for the noise to determine where it's coming from. It's not terribly loud and happens mostly when going over a bump, sometimes while accelerating or turning. Could this be the sound of struts going bad? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Very possibly a bad strut.

Maybe it's a loose or rusted strut mount. Just guessing here.

Bikeman982

Did you take everything out of the trunk??

What about the spare tire and/or the jack??

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)