Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1979 Corolla

Guest zyweik

I'm currently looking at buying a good condition 1979 corolla for my first car ($1500 asking price).

Although i have not yet looked at the car i am ****ured that it is in good nick and is running well.

Firstly, does this model of corolla have power steering? I am a bit of a 'creature comforts' person and would prefur a car with power steering.

appart from that , are there any major problems with this model? I know that yes it is an old car and will need some work but is there any problems to look for when inspecting the car. I don't want to buy it and then realise that i can't use it because i can't afford repairs.

also the kms are 77000... default_huh is this becasue the odometer only reads to 100000kms or is this just a lucky find?

thanks heaps for your help.

good to see another aussie here! default_biggrin a corolla on sale for AUS$1500 would not be in overly good condition (remember, you have not seen it yet). It is unlikely that it has power steering, this was not standard til the early 90s in Oz.

Guest zyweik

thanks for the speedy reply...

is there any kits/conversions from other cars that i could put into the corolla (i.e. form a later model etc) that you know of?

if not, i think that i will have a look at it..

just pushing my luck here but does it look like most of the major work has been done:

"brand new brake booster, rebuilt carby, extractors, sports exhaust with dumpy tip,ram flow air filter, spit fire leads..."

your help is appreciated as i am new to the corolla scene and found this little car by accident default_biggrin

Topic List