Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Replacement Wiper Blade Refills For 04 Corolla

by Roger, August 29, 2007

Having trouble locating aftermarket blade refills that fit the 04 Corolla wiper arms.

Does anyone know what brand blade refills fit the arms properly without difficulty?

Bikeman982

Having trouble locating aftermarket blade refills that fit the 04 Corolla wiper arms.

Does anyone know what brand blade refills fit the arms properly without difficulty?

Measure the length and get the same size.

Several brands would be available, depends on where you get them.

Most autoparts places will carry them (they can tell you which ones) and even Walmart.

Hope this helps.

• 1,424 posts

I don't know any that actually fit except the Toyota ones that you have to buy through a dealer.

I'm going to suggest something to you.

Your car is 3 years old and at this point if your wiper blade arms are original to the car it is time to change them.

Tension is critical to wiper blade performance and 3 year old blades aren't providing enough tension to keep your wipers working properly.

Any Autozone or car parts store should be able to tell you what size wipers will fit your car, and they are easy to change, so do your self a favor and don't waste time looking for refills.

• 1,424 posts

Measure the length and get the same size.

Several brands would be available, depends on where you get them.

Most autoparts places will carry them (they can tell you which ones) and even Walmart.

Hope this helps.

He isn't talking about buying a new wiper blade frame with a wiper installed in it, he is talking about buying the rubber piece that actually washes the windshield. Those aren't compatible from brand to brand. For Example: If you have Bosch wiper blades, you have to buy Bosch refills if you intend to keep your Bosch wiper blade frames.

Toyota dealers sell the refills but they're a PITA to put on.

Duralast blades from AutoZone cost me less than the refills, fit the arms w/o adapters, and worked better than OEM refills.

I'm with the others - either replace the whole shot with some premium bades with inserts (I've used Bosch Excels, Michelin, PIAA, silicone ones, etc. - all pretty good) or pick up a set of OEM refills from the dealer. I know the dealership refills cost as much and a new aftermarket blade with inserts - but I've never been dissatisfied with OEM quality. Most of the aftermarket ones quickly wear out after a year or so - I just make sure I replace them every year. No big deal - as they are pretty cheap to replace - guaranteed fresh tension springs and wiping surface.

Bikeman982

I have replaced whole arms and also just the rubber strips.

It is true that some brands are different, but you should be able to match up replacements.

Believe it or not...The cheapest and obviously best fitting blades I've found have been right here at my local dealer. I handed them both my wiper arms and they replaced them, only charging me for the rubber parts they installed for me...at less than the cost of Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart.

Max

Same here, muzak. The inserts are usually 5-9 bucks, and the parts person is always willing to put them on. I do wonder why it's so hard to put 'em on. I'd just about go aftermarket so I could easily change them myself.

Bikeman982

Believe it or not...The cheapest and obviously best fitting blades I've found have been right here at my local dealer. I handed them both my wiper arms and they replaced them, only charging me for the rubber parts they installed for me...at less than the cost of Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart.
Did they give you new arms, or just use the old ones and put new rubber in them?

About a year ago I swapped the blades of my Camry with aftermarket stuff picked up from Canadian Tire, and put the blades that came out on my Corolla. They are each an inch longer than Corolla wipers. They fit, doesn't interfere with each other, but the wipers run significantly slower with them on, even on high. A combo of 21"/18" wipers seems to work best for a gen 8.

Topic List