Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By the99contour, October 5, 2004

• 1,424 posts

What is the 0-60mph time of a 2003-05 Corolla (non XRS) Auto? I looked on Road and Track and Car and Driver and ouldn't find it.

Thanks

Actually, I'll bet it's a lot quicker than you'd expect. Probably somewhere around 15 seconds. I've tromped the gas a couple of times at an intersection where there is a traffic light right at the on-ramp to a stretch of freeway I take regularly. The speed limit is only 50, but I usually get way past that in seemingly no time, and leave everything else way behind. Someday I'll bring a stopwatch with me and try to time it as best I can while doing both the timing and the driving myself.

I believe Car and Driver did one on a 2002 Corolla - still the 1ZZ-FE, 5 few HP and lb.ft torque - but it also weighed about 150lbs less. Ran something like 10.2 seconds to 60. One of the Import Tuner mags had the auto 1ZZ-FE recorded at 11 flat for 0-60 (2003 Corolla).

Not too bad for an economy car and automatic slushbox.

• 200 posts

I'm not too concerned with this kind of stuff myself.

this was on the msn auto section

0 - 60 Time 9.35

(seconds) 1/4 Mile Time 17.12

(seconds) 1/4 Mile Speed 83.90

(mph) Braking 60 - 0

mph (ft.) 159

2004 Toyota Corolla Sport I4 1.8L. (130 hp) 4A (no ABS)

i've also seen times of corollas with exhaust and superchargers and all the other bells and whistles which still couldn't hit 15 seconds.

Guest xcel

Hi The99contour:

C&D Nov. 02: 2003 Corolla LE w/ 5-speed manual 0 - 60 in 8.20 seconds

MT Jul. 02: 2003 Corolla CE w/ 5-speed manual 0 - 60 in 7.90 seconds

CR Jul. 02: 2003 Corolla LE w/ Auto 0 - 60 in 9.80 seconds

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

• 1,424 posts

Thanks guys, it was a late night last night and I had to sleep. I just couldn't look anymore. I knew there was info posted in Car and Driver, but I don't have any of them here at school. I also knew it was a M/T and Road and Track. Again, didn't have any here at school. I couldn't find them online on any of the sites either.

Anyway, around ten seconds is what I figured. My Contour isn't much better and the gas mileage on the thing sucks. I was just trying to confirm if I was correct. I didn't want to end up with a car that took 14 seconds to get to 60mph or something like that.

Guest TacoVato

Non-XRS?!

Hey man, what's up with that?!

I happen to like my little Corolla XRS!

...although regular Corolla's are cheaper. default_tongue

Topic List