Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Suspension Knocking 2002 Ce

by hurdyho, June 4, 2007

anybody have problem with the suspension knocking when they hit small bumps at slow speed any think that the sway bar may be loose any way to know sure. I was told that the tie rod or tie rod ends but they seem fine there is no slack in them. I also have one of my ball joint the boot is torn but the sound does not come from the ball joint I know that for sure

2002 corrolla CE

anybody have problem with the suspension knocking when they hit small bumps at slow speed any think that the sway bar may be loose any way to know sure. I was told that the tie rod or tie rod ends but they seem fine there is no slack in them. I also have one of my ball joint the boot is torn but the sound does not come from the ball joint I know that for sure

2002 corrolla CE

i have the same problem in my van,usually the joints or bushings wear out on the suspension/steering compponents

and cause this problem. Too lazy and expensive to fix on my van ,,, let it get worse to make the diagnosis easier.

Now assuming , that it is not affecting safety yet.

tapping/popping sound at low speed and especially over bumps or anything that compresses the suspension?

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)