Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

The Official Summer 2007 Gas Price Thread...

by NILLINOIS, May 30, 2007

Ok, I'm in the midwest. We're paying some of the highest gas prices in history. Currently avg. $3.67/gal 87oct . Up to a dollar less per gallon in the rest of the US. I'm glad I'm getting ~34MPG with my 98 LE.

$2.99 here. It's sad when I think of the many refineries that are only 30 miles away.

I might only get 15mpg driving my jeep everyday, but that's fine with me and my 5 mile commute to work....

Its between $3.10 to $3.20 here in Eastern Mass. Quite frankly gas could go up to $5 per gallon and I still wouldn't care. I drive about 125 miles per week (6500 yearly). At 30 MPG, that's about 4.2 gallons a week. Currently I spend about $13-14 per week on gas. If it went up to $5.00/gallon, that would be about $8 more per week I would be spending. What's 8 dollars? Once less meal at Papa Ginos?

I actually wish gas would go up to $5 per gallon. It would squeeze a good number of those SUVs off the road.

K_Watson

$3.55 a gallon default_sad

$3.34 close to work - drops to $3.18 when I get closer to home - all for regular. Still, pretty rough when one car needs Premium (2ZZGE powered XRS) and we cover about 90-100 miles a day, each, for our work commute. That's almost 1K miles per week, between the two vehicles, minus any shopping on the weekends. Fortunantely, they get excellent fuel economy, 28-30MPG for the Matrix and 32-35MPG on the Corolla. Still - eating into beer and steak, money pool.

Just gassed up the family Camry.

C$1.034/L = ~US$3.63/gal at $0.93 US/C$1

This is near the northern border of Toronto proper in ON.

Cheapest I have seen in Detroit was $3.39 yeaterday.

Highest was 3.59 (yesterday).

Most places are showing 3.45 or 3.49

buurin,

wow, i expected it to be more expensive... i used to pay 75% less in the US vs Canada...

either way, sucks!!!

tdk.

I gas-up in the cheapest state in the lower 48, New Jersey; it costs $2.885/ gal. for regular as of 6/2. I don't live there just work there.

Max

$3.11 in central KY.

• 1,424 posts

I live in Central Ohio.

We pay anywhere from $3.10-$3.40 for a gallon of gas since May 1st.

However, we get this sweet deal from Kroger where if we buy groceries we get money off our gas.

The cheapest I've filled up since then is $2.89 a gallon, and that was with a $.50 discount per gallon discount from Kroger.

Last week on Saturday my idiot light came on and I had to fill up. I cost $37.00 to fill up my Mazda. It's a good thing my job is close and I don't use more than 1 tank of gas every 2 weeks.

Today at Easton Energy Exxon station in Easton, MD, I paid $2.769/gallon.

Nope, not a typo. The WaWa station there had the same price.

Oh, and in Salisbury, MD, Grant's Exxon had $2.879/gallon.

Goose Creek Exxon in Westover, MD has $2.999/gallon.

$0.23 difference in less than 100 miles from each other.

All prices seen today.

jim

Max

Down to 2.99 regular here today.

South East Massachusetts:

Stop and Shop

87 octane

$2.96 minus 10 cent per gallon discount coupon = $2.86 per gallon.

Down to 2.99 regular here today.

Max

2.95 today at major stations like Shell and Chevron Less at Kroger and Meijer.

• 1,424 posts
I live in Central Ohio.

We pay anywhere from $3.10-$3.40 for a gallon of gas since May 1st.

However, we get this sweet deal from Kroger where if we buy groceries we get money off our gas.

The cheapest I've filled up since then is $2.89 a gallon, and that was with a $.50 discount per gallon discount from Kroger.

Last week on Saturday my idiot light came on and I had to fill up. I cost $37.00 to fill up my Mazda. It's a good thing my job is close and I don't use more than 1 tank of gas every 2 weeks.

Update:

Gas was down to $3.09 Today at Kroger.

Earlier this week it was up to 3.29, so I decided to fill up tonight while the prices were still low.

I got $.20 a gallon off, which brought the overall price down to $2.89 a gallon.

This translated to $31.00 for a fill up of the Mazda.

May brought some record prices here in East Texas ... over $3.10 IIRC.

These days it's dipping below $2.90 for regular. Fortunately I can make it almost a month between refills. I last filled up on May 13 and will probably refill today.

I remember this one time in the '80s when I was a kid, I saw 59¢/gal. That was low even for then.

Ghost, where are you in East Texas?? I lived in Nacogdoches for about 5 years. Beautiful part of the state...

Max

Down to $2.77 at most stations here. Less than that at Kroger and other discount places.

Ghost, where are you in East Texas?? I lived in Nacogdoches for about 5 years. Beautiful part of the state...
I'm in Longview. Just north of I20. I tend to stay north too. Grew up here.
  • 1,424 posts

Filled up today $2.79 a gallon at Kroger. $27.00 for my fill up vs $31.00 for my last one and $37.00 for the one before that.

I'm in Longview. Just north of I20. I tend to stay north too. Grew up here.
Nice city! I used to take my jeep to an off road park just north of there....in a small town called Gilmer.

I miss the Piney Woods...

currently in Parkes, NSW, australia, the Caltex on Clarinda Street was selling for $1.399/litre when I went out to get a dvd just now. That translates to $4.41 a gallon. Don't complain; well I guess even I don't, I drive maybe 70-100 miles a week around town, even though the cold weather has caused a drop in MPG I still don't spend any more than 20-25 a week on gas....I started working full time just as the price of gas went up so I am completely used to paying AU$1.20/litre plus.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)