Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By dracodoc, October 1, 2004

Every morning when I cold start our corolla 2000, I felt the engine didn't run smoothly, there were some histle, and when I applied the brake not too hard(when you worm in the traffic, stop and go), there were a little shaking, although it will be quite when I fully stopped.

But maybe after 5 minutes, everything seemed better, the engine will run smoothly in the whole day.

We just finished some service in dealer, include a engine repair for unnormal engine oil comsuming, followed by engine tune-up for engine stalls when stopped.

Is this normal? I thought maybe the mechanic didn't tune-up the engine very well, we don't have this problem before service.

Depends on the tune up that the mechanic did. One time on my folks Camry - they did a "injector service" - after that the car didn't idle very well at start - but once it got up to operating temperature - it smoothed out. Did this for several weeks before it calmed down. Similar thing happened to my Corolla - ended up being a vacuum hose that was disconnected after servicing the air filter.

Just take a peek in the engine bay and see if any hoses are missing or disconnected (will be relatively obvious). If concerned - take it back and have them look over the work.

Good Luck.

Depends on the tune up that the mechanic did. One time on my folks Camry - they did a "injector service" - after that the car didn't idle very well at start - but once it got up to operating temperature - it smoothed out. Did this for several weeks before it calmed down. Similar thing happened to my Corolla - ended up being a vacuum hose that was disconnected after servicing the air filter.

Just take a peek in the engine bay and see if any hoses are missing or disconnected (will be relatively obvious). If concerned - take it back and have them look over the work.

Good Luck.

I took a peek but didn't see anything suspicious. But the mechanic only used 2 screws to fasten the plastic cover of engine, left 2 holes unused. I believe there should be 4 screws before. Anyway this may have nothing to do with the problem.

If the problem remain or worse, we will take it back and let them check. I'm just tired of their low efficiency.

I took a peek but didn't see anything suspicious. But the mechanic only used 2 screws to fasten the plastic cover of engine, left 2 holes unused. I believe there should be 4 screws before.

You are right - should be two screws and two plastic pin/clips. Mechanic probably broke them off trying to remove them. Nothing critical - more of a cosmetic issue.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

Good Luck.

Topic List