Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Offset And Backspacing

Guest xmaverickx

hey guys...does anyone know the wheel offset and backspace for an 05 corolla???thanks in advance...

If they are anything like a 2003 wheels - then they are probably 40mm offset (backspace). Acceptable ranges are from 35mm to 45mm.

To be 100% sure - you can measure them yourself. Find total width of wheel in millimeters - place a straight edge across the rear face of the wheel (on the rim, not tire) and measure striaght down to the face of the mating surface. Subtract half of the total width from before and what ever is left is the total wheel backspace.

Ex: Wheel is 6.5" wide >> 165mm, From rear edge of rim to mating face >> 122.5mm, 122.5mm - (165mm / 2) = 122.5mm - 82.5mm = 40mm backspace.

Good Luck.

Guest xmaverickx

thanks fish...I think they are the same as the 2003 models with standard 15 inch alloys...I'm not sure if the width is 6.5 or 6....

Guest xmaverickx

hey fish...acceptable offset range are between 35 to 45mm???why is that???so if my offset is 45mm...acceptable ranges will be from 40 to 50mm??? is that right??? also where did you get the 122.5 from you sample one...thanks

The 35mm to 45mm backspacing info I got was from a Toyota service manager - verified by Tirerack for 2003+ Corollas. This was before the 2005 came out - don't know for sure if they changed the backspacing or not on these.

To get those numbers (numbers used were just for an example, your numbers may be different).

Check this site out for an illustration:

http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

Good Luck

Guest xmaverickx

hey...this might sound really dumb...but I'll give it a shot...if my car's lug pattern is 4-1/2", would a wheel with a 4" lug pattern fit???

Only if the holes are slotted - even then, I wouldn't do it.

Topic List