Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Corolla 2005 Le Brake Pad Linings

by wiltel24, March 19, 2007

Does anyone out there know what the thickness in mm is on LE brake pads on a factory new automobile? Is there a difference in thickness on front pads vs the rear ones? I was told it should be 10mm on front and 5 on back pads. Is that correct?

Bikeman982

Does anyone out there know what the thickness in mm is on LE brake pads on a factory new automobile? Is there a difference in thickness on front pads vs the rear ones? I was told it should be 10mm on front and 5 on back pads. Is that correct?
Are they both disk brakes?

On the 7th generation the front is disk brakes and the rear are drums.

You can use pads and shoes that have worn a little, but there is a point of wear that requires them to be changed.

Your 2005 Corolla LE comes with Front Disc brakes and Rear Drum Brakes. Only the XRS model on the 9th Generation Corolla (2003+) was equipped with Disc Brakes on all four wheels.

There is difference on the lining thickness on your LE. According to the FSM, Front Brake Lining Thickness is 11mm and Rear Shoe Lining Thickness is 4.4mm. The minimum thickness for both linings is at 1mm.

The source of you information was pretty close.

Bikeman982

You can usually tell from a visual inspection if the linings are too thin.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)