Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2003 Headlight Replacement

by marathoner53, March 9, 2007

Can someone tell me how to change the low beam headlight (passenger side) on a 2003 Corolla?

Thanks.

Bikeman982

Can someone tell me how to change the low beam headlight (passenger side) on a 2003 Corolla?

Thanks.

Do you need to change the whole headlight, or just the bulb?

Thanks.

Do you need to change the whole headlight, or just the bulb?

It's the bulb. Should have been more specific. Thanks.

Fully explained in owner's manual.

Very easy to do.

Unplug electrical connector at bottom of bulb. Lift up the little clip to release it.

Turn bulb to the left to get tabs lines up for removal. Pull it out.

Insert new bulb. Don't touch glass. If you do, clean glass with rubbing alcohol or it will fail quickly.

Turn to right to seat. Be sure bulb goes in flush on the rear and glass tip is lined up under reflector. Look from front to confirm.

Snap on the electrical connector at bottom.

You're done.

Fully explained in owner's manual.

Very easy to do.

Unplug electrical connector at bottom of bulb. Lift up the little clip to release it.

Turn bulb to the left to get tabs lines up for removal. Pull it out.

Insert new bulb. Don't touch glass. If you do, clean glass with rubbing alcohol or it will fail quickly.

Turn to right to seat. Be sure bulb goes in flush on the rear and glass tip is lined up under reflector. Look from front to confirm.

Snap on the electrical connector at bottom.

You're done.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

I asked this question a couple of months ago. At the time, I needed to replace the low beam headlight bulb on the passenger's side. I was able to do that without any problem. It was very easy to get to. Now, the same bulb on the driver's side has burned out and it is not so easy.

The owner's manual says to move the air cleaner duct using a Phillips head screwdriver. I see the air cleaner duct, but the clip does not look like what is in the manual and it doesn't have a screw. I can barely see the headlight bulb, but the air cleaner duct definitely has to be moved. Has anyone changed the driver's side bulb that can help? There is very little space on that side of the car with the battery also very close to the bulb.

Thanks!

The clip has a center piece that pulls out usually with a fingernail. It's the round head that looks like a screw but has no slot.

Pull the center piece (fastener) up and the plug will come out letting you move the duct out of the way.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)