Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Pulling It

By jjsparks, March 6, 2007

hello. having problems with my 2007 corolla. it has 171,000 miles in it. but still runs pretty good until yesterday when my friend was driving and hit bump. two front wheels tires flat. got it fixed but when i drive it the wheel pulls to the right really hard. i have to hold the wheel with both hands to keep the wheel straight. any suggestions. thanks. it's my first car.

holy crap, 171k on an '07 model!! what, are you a taxi driver or something?

I would try...

1. swap front tires over

2. if that don't work, get a wheel alignment done

holy crap, 171k on an '07 model!! what, are you a taxi driver or something?

I would try...

1. swap front tires over

2. if that don't work, get a wheel alignment done

thanks c2105026 ill try that. actually it's a '97 model not '07. it's still pretty high mileage. my sister gave me the car is in california her work is like 2 hour drive and she drove it everyday. i never had any major problem so far.

That sounds a lot better, LOL. When I read 07 with 171K miles, I couldnt believe it.

It definitely sounds like you need an alignment. Pretty simple procedure.

Haha, even if you bought the car 5 months ago when it first switched over to the 07' year, that would be about 1,000 miles per day! Along with wheel alignment, you should also check the wheels themselves and make sure none of them got dented.

thats a hell of a bump to flatten both front tires!

Bikeman982

Sounds like it could be a bad tire, or dented rim, or misaligned steering, or bent tie rods, etc.

thats a hell of a bump to flatten both front tires!

yeah it flattend both front tires and bent the left wheel.

Were you in the car when your friend was driving it??????? If not...how do you know he didn't run over a curb at speed or something to that affect? I would also be wondering about the condition of the back tires or wheels as well.

Bikeman982

Here are some words of advice; Don't ever let friends drive your car (unless you are too drunk and they are driving you home and even then you could get your car after you sobered up, or take a taxi, or get driven home in their car, etc.).

Topic List: Go to Everything Else