Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

86 Corolla

by Joeschmo, February 19, 2007

hey there does anyone know any cheap upgrades for a 86 corolla to give it a bit more power, right now it feels like i could run faster default_laugh

Google is your friend. I don't think Toyota and cheap upgrades can be used in the same sentence.

Bikeman982

hey there does anyone know any cheap upgrades for a 86 corolla to give it a bit more power, right now it feels like i could run faster default_laugh
How about a good tune-up?

Wow 86' Corolla, that car is probably older than me! Well I'm definately speaking hypothetically, but if the old A series engines are relatively compatible, you could do an engine swap, putting the 4A-G engine in. I'm not sure how "cheap" you want, but if you found the engine for a couple hundred and swapped it yourself, some could consider that a "cheap" upgrade.

Personally unless you are in love with the 5th gen Corolla (I understand falling in love with an older style car; mine is the Datsun 280z), I would just buy a newer one. A 6th or even an early 7th gen Corolla could be picked up for cheap with decent mileage. It will get better MPG, accelerate faster, and be cleaner for the environment default_smile. The one thing I resent about 20+ year old cars is the awful smell they emit.

Topic List