Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Strange Things.......

by c2105026, September 18, 2004

this week i went away for job interviews. To reduce the taxi fare between my place and the train station i parked my car at the university for 3 nights - it was in the residential parking area for one of the colleges, so i assumed it would have been safe.

on thursday i came back to find security guards to poring over my car. apparently some bozo broke into my car to steal my dipsticks.........yes you read right, dipsticks!!! apparently they used them to break into other cars in the parking lot.

I had a total of maybe $200 worth of tools, maps, handbooks etc. that was left untouched. let alone the $15000 car........

i have ordered 2 new dipsticks for a total of AUS$49.50. one came today (oil dipstick).

have any other residents of corolland experienced a similar tale?

I can see why the dipsticks would be pilferable -- they are almost ready-made tools for breaking into homes, automobiles, and just about any door where a long, thin, fairly stiff piece of metal would help to manipulate the action of a lock -- ****uming it isn't the dead-bolt type. About the only solution I can offer would be hood locks, but those are probably only a delaying action at best. History proves that a determined thief will get anything he wants, given a reasonable opportunity to be alone with your property. The best deterrent to crime is the presence of armed citizens with the right to defend their lives and property with deadly force.

• 200 posts

Therein lies the beauty of the 2nd amendment.

methinks there were no citizens about...............it was probably during the dead of night. Any citizens who would possibly have been armed would have been curled up in bed.

Thiefs in OZ are reasonably easily scared - my grandma foiled a home invasion at my parents house a few years ago, she was unarmed.

The only benefit of having armed citizens were if the acts were happening under people's noses. A couple of months ago the guy a couple of doors down had his place ransacked. thing is it was during middle of the day and everybody was at work.

• 200 posts

Some elderly women can foil ANYTHING! default_laugh

Topic List