Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Magnetic Signs

By NILLINOIS, February 1, 2007

People are stupid, moronic, etc. I can believe someone would think that's a freaking bomb. Even if you've never seen the cartoon, it clearly looks like a lit-up figure or drawing. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid morons.

Only the Bostonians. I guess that's what happens when you renounce guns and pickup trucks.

• 320 posts

All very well for you to say, living far away from terrorist hunting grounds, and not being aware that "toy-like" explosives have long been a favorite of terrorists. The smaller the children maimed, the happier they are. These are people who throw wheelchair-bound men off of ships, set off bombs on school buses, and teach their own children that the best thing they can do with their lives is carry a backpack of explosives to school - and set it off near as many Brits/Jews/Americans/communists/capitalists/[fill in the blank here] as they can.

And what kind of company feels they can litter like that with impunity? It reminds me of Microsoft's "let's shove stickers all over city property" campaign a few years back that cost the city a fortune in sticker removal. Where do these people get the idea that what would get a teenager a fine or community service, is somehow admirable business practice for an ad agency?

PS> If you're done throwing stereotypes around, take a look:

http://local.yahoo.com/MA/Boston/Retail+Shopping/Weapons

http://motors.listings.ebay.com/_W0QQsocmd...&fpos=02129

Whoever is truly outraged by this, it's only exposing them as the true fools that they are.

I admit it's understandable people would react the way Bostonians reacted with 'em being so close to NYC. Those signs with the battery sticking out do look a bit like a bomb from far away. But any trained professional peace officer should have realized very quickly that it was just a light sign. They didn't need to call the bomb squad to figure that out. The Bostonian PD simply dropped the ball. They must have been more terrified than anybody, with the way they overreacted.

The Boston police department and mayor were quick to lay the blame on the 2 guys with long hair. The spot light should be directed at the Boston police department to see how they have blown a marketing gimmick all out of proportion.

Bikeman982

I admit it's understandable people would react the way Bostonians reacted with 'em being so close to NYC. Those signs with the battery sticking out do look a bit like a bomb from far away. But any trained professional peace officer should have realized very quickly that it was just a light sign. They didn't need to call the bomb squad to figure that out. The Bostonian PD simply dropped the ball. They must have been more terrified than anybody, with the way they overreacted.

The Boston police department and mayor were quick to lay the blame on the 2 guys with long hair. The spot light should be directed at the Boston police department to see how they have blown a marketing gimmick all out of proportion.

It gave them an opportunity to over-respond.

Had it been an actual bomb and they saved lives, they would not have received so much publicity.

Looks like the district attorney in Boston was able to sucessfully extort $2 million from Turner Broadcast System for a marketing stunt that didn't even draw any attention in nine other cities.

Bikeman982

Looks like the district attorney in Boston was able to sucessfully extort $2 million from Turner Broadcast System for a marketing stunt that didn't even draw any attention in nine other cities.
That's why it is good to have a good lawyer.

"You want justice? How much can you afford?"

Bikeman982

"You want justice? How much can you afford?"
Very true - money can buy you a good lawyer, or win a case for you.

Mayor's daughter Not Guilty

The daughter of our great city's major was found not guilty, despite failing sobriety test and refusing to take the breathilizer test. Surprise, surprise!

That's why it is good to have a good lawyer.

Most likely Turner cutting its losses and figuring that it's cheaper to pay whiny Boston for their tantrum in return for all the publicity.

Mayor's daughter Not Guilty

How can you plead not guilty after refusing to take breathalizer? In Illinois, if you refuse, you are automatically guilty. Same in Texas or no?

This is more telling:

"However, Derkowski testified earlier this week that he had made mistakes when he recorded the test"

Officer is basically "throwing the game"..hmm..you think maybe a backroom deal was cut by the mayor and the arresting officer? I'll stay off the roads of Houston at night.

Bikeman982

How can you plead not guilty after refusing to take breathalizer? In Illinois, if you refuse, you are automatically guilty. Same in Texas or no?

This is more telling:

"However, Derkowski testified earlier this week that he had made mistakes when he recorded the test"

Officer is basically "throwing the game"..hmm..you think maybe a backroom deal was cut by the mayor and the arresting officer? I'll stay off the roads of Houston at night.

It just goes to show - a good lawyer can get you off on technicalities, even though you may be guilty as charged.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else