Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By muzak, January 30, 2007

I wonder how many people advertise on their car for thieves to break in? My friend had his old Cavalier broken into this past Sunday in the middle of the afternoon at a busy Wal-Mart parking lot (no outdoor cameras). It seems he had a bunch of cd's on a holder on his sunvisor and that was all that was stolen after the rear window being smashed.

People that advertise on their windshields, "Alpine Sound System" or whatever are just asking to be vandalized and broken into. I've always upgraded my sound systems, but have always used the stock speaker grills as anything else is a temptation for would-be thieves.

The thieve must be really stupid for steal CDs because he/she can download 'em for free.

I still listen to cassette tapes, and my stereo is the factory Toyota cassette deck. I'm sure that once the potential thieve sees my cassette deck, he will not want anything to do with my car. That's is also why I don't tint my windows. Clear window advertise to the thieve that there is nothing valuable inside the car, and he/she can see clearly there isn't.

that reminds me to clean out my car.

my car has never been broken into, i leave it unlocked all the time, but theres nothing to steal in mine, i had my 88 rx7 broken into, i would have just laughed at them because the car was gutted, must have ruined their day

Bikeman982

I am hoping someone steals my car because I would get more for it from my insurance company than I paid for it on e-Bay!

I would hate to loose my car, even though insurance will pay full value for the first two years. I love the colour of mine, although it's not to everyone's taste. That's actually what caught my attention to "her" in the first place. I like having a colour that not everyone else has and can turn from green to blue like a mood ring.

From a person who drives a Jeep with no top for 8 months out of the year, the best policy is "out of sight, out of mind"

Bikeman982

I would hate to loose my car, even though insurance will pay full value for the first two years. I love the colour of mine, although it's not to everyone's taste. That's actually what caught my attention to "her" in the first place. I like having a colour that not everyone else has and can turn from green to blue like a mood ring.
I don't think it would be hard to find your car if it was stolen.

The license plate kind of gives it away.

What is your color code??

I think it's simply 775

• 1,424 posts

I think it's simply 775

Isn't your car Cactus Green Mica

You're right....Cactus Mica. I don't know where they come up with these names, but I bet there must be 20 names just for the colour black.

>The thieve must be really stupid for steal CDs because he/she can download 'em for free.

Now that's funny if you think about it. I laughed really hard...thanks..default_wink

Bikeman982

>The thieve must be really stupid for steal CDs because he/she can download 'em for free.

Now that's funny if you think about it. I laughed really hard...thanks..default_wink

It's probably easier to steal some physical item from a car, then to wait for it to download from a computer program.

Never leave anything in your car that you don't want stolen - and don't leave it in plain site, if you do.

• 1,424 posts
You're right....Cactus Mica. I don't know where they come up with these names, but I bet there must be 20 names just for the colour black.

Yeah, tell me about it. The worst part is that the more expensive the car gets, the more ridiculous the name of the colour. A Mercedes Benz can't simply be black, it has to be Obsidian. A Jaguar can't just be steel blue, it has to be Kingfisher Blue. BMWs can't just be red, they have to be Imola Red, and they can't even be white, they have to be Alpine White, actually BMWs aren't beige either, they are Sonora.

But, they need all the names. There are actually 20 different colours of black between all the auto manufacturers. At one time, Ford alone had 11 colours of white on their pallet, each slightly different. Every one had to have a different name so they wouldn't get confused. Oxford White, Performance White, White Tri-Coat, Ceramic White, White Clearcoat, and Alabaster White were the names of a couple of them.

Having so many colour choices is nice, it allows people to buy a car that fits their personality. I personally love the dark colours like Indigo Ink, Phantom Grey Pearl and Black. However, whenever it comes down to it, I'll buy a silver, tan or white car. Dark coloured cars show every dent and scratch and are really hard to keep looking clean. Silver, white and tan hide scratches and dents better than other colours, they are reflective, so they keep the car cooler, and they look new longer. Plus they just shimmer so brilliantly.

Bikeman982

Yeah, tell me about it. The worst part is that the more expensive the car gets, the more ridiculous the name of the colour. A Mercedes Benz can't simply be black, it has to be Obsidian. A Jaguar can't just be steel blue, it has to be Kingfisher Blue. BMWs can't just be red, they have to be Imola Red, and they can't even be white, they have to be Alpine White, actually BMWs aren't beige either, they are Sonora.

But, they need all the names. There are actually 20 different colours of black between all the auto manufacturers. At one time, Ford alone had 11 colours of white on their pallet, each slightly different. Every one had to have a different name so they wouldn't get confused. Oxford White, Performance White, White Tri-Coat, Ceramic White, White Clearcoat, and Alabaster White were the names of a couple of them.

Having so many colour choices is nice, it allows people to buy a car that fits their personality. I personally love the dark colours like Indigo Ink, Phantom Grey Pearl and Black. However, whenever it comes down to it, I'll buy a silver, tan or white car. Dark coloured cars show every dent and scratch and are really hard to keep looking clean. Silver, white and tan hide scratches and dents better than other colours, they are reflective, so they keep the car cooler, and they look new longer. Plus they just shimmer so brilliantly.

Car color is a science of it's own. They have to get creative to come up with some of the car color names.

It's also interesting when you try to do some touch-up painting and the original car color has faded slightly.

I tried painting my grey grille to match my Wintermist Green car color and am finding it hard to match.

I bought a can of GM Medium Maui Blue Metal color and it was not a match. The store did not have my color.

I frequently keep an I-pod in my car but I ensure it is well hidden. If I was real energetic, I could even take it with me...wait a minute I might do that now.

My '00 got broken into in '04, it was parked for three days in a uni parking lot whilst I was out of town...I don't think I locked it actually. Anyway they took my dipsticks to use to break into other cars. No items went missing from my vehicle, interestingly...

Bikeman982

I frequently keep an I-pod in my car but I ensure it is well hidden. If I was real energetic, I could even take it with me...wait a minute I might do that now.

My '00 got broken into in '04, it was parked for three days in a uni parking lot whilst I was out of town...I don't think I locked it actually. Anyway they took my dipsticks to use to break into other cars. No items went missing from my vehicle, interestingly...

So you were indirectly an accompliss to the other thefts?

Topic List: Go to Everything Else