Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2003-2006 Rear Speaker Removal

By clarkemode, January 30, 2007

The rear package tray on my car vibrates with too much bass so I wanted to put some foam padding to silence the vibrations a bit but I am not sure how to remove the speaker tray. Does it just snap out of place? Has anyone replaced their stack rear speakers in a 2003-2006 corolla? Any advice is appreciated!

Yes, I've done it myself on my '05 as I changed all 4 speakers and added tweeters. The first thing is...that it might be easier just to shove some soft rubber under the parts that are vibrating if you can access them easily. I don't know why your's would be doing that as I've done nothing to the interior itself and I have no vibration whatsoever.

If you aren't going to change the system then I would just recommend that the dealer fix it under warranty as the car is so new.

If you want to do it yourself, then I can give you step by steps.

If you want to do it yourself, then I can give you step by steps.

Thanks Muzak, I would appreciate some steps. I wouldnt mind changing the rear speakers since I have tweeters in the front.

Bikeman982

The rear package tray on my car vibrates with too much bass so I wanted to put some foam padding to silence the vibrations a bit but I am not sure how to remove the speaker tray. Does it just snap out of place? Has anyone replaced their stack rear speakers in a 2003-2006 corolla? Any advice is appreciated!
Do they have the covers on the back shelf that pop off, or are they bolted from inside the trunk?

I found a "How-To" on the removal of the rear and the front speakers. it seems to be pretty good plus it has really good pictures.I hope this helps.

Excellent help with those pictures and such, but two extra items should be added to that DIY. When taking out the plastic phillips screws, you have to sort of pry them as you unscrew them a quarter turn. My new 6x9's didn't have the same 4 mounting holes, so instead of drilling, I used 4 plastic tie bands. Make sure they're tight as I had to redo mine after seeing the pictures I took of my rear speakers.

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=545723

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)