Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Pets In Cars

By muzak, January 9, 2007

I can't believe the number of people I see driving around with small dogs on their laps in either of the front seats. It's against the law here to do that with a child, so why not an animal? I would think that a small dog would be seriously hurt if an airbag deployed during an accident.

We actually use a "vestharness" for the times we have to transfer our dogs and we put them in the back seat if driving alone. I don't even know how worthwhile they would actually work though.

Bikeman982

I can't believe the number of people I see driving around with small dogs on their laps in either of the front seats. It's against the law here to do that with a child, so why not an animal? I would think that a small dog would be seriously hurt if an airbag deployed during an accident.We actually use a "vestharness" for the times we have to transfer our dogs and we put them in the back seat if driving alone. I don't even know how worthwhile they would actually work though.
They are idiots.

K_Watson

My mom's chihuahua rides on the back window ledge. I always ask her, "Now what do you think is going to happen if you wreck?" Answer: Projectile Chihuahua.

My parents have a 35 pound Beagle. It goes in the backseat, with a little doggy seatbelt. Its like a very short leash that buckles in.

I can't believe there are seat belts for pets. You people are way too paranoid! I'd just let my dog, if I have one, ride in the back of my pickup truck (lorry for the Auzzies and Brits).

I can't believe there are seat belts for pets. You people are way too paranoid! I'd just let my dog, if I have one, ride in the back of my pickup truck (lorry for the Auzzies and Brits).
I would like to comment on that for those who don't care about their pets.

A couple of years ago I was passed by some idiot in a pickup truck while going around a dangerous bend.... I didn't even speak, but just shook my head as he passed me. At the next straight stretch, he slammed on the brakes and the pup in the back went flying out of the truck and I will never forget the image embedded in my mind.

We swerved around him and called the OPP immediately, but never heard whether he was caught or not.

Bikeman982

A couple of years ago I was passed by some idiot in a pickup truck while going around a dangerous bend.... I didn't even speak, but just shook my head as he passed me. At the next straight stretch, he slammed on the brakes and the pup in the back went flying out of the truck and I will never forget the image embedded in my mind about that pup breaking in two against that hydro pole.

We swerved around him and called the OPP immediately, but never heard whether he was caught or not.

By then it was too late for the dog.

I think most places do have a law regarding pets, although it may be vague. The pet must be kept in control and not impede the driver's functions. In most places, I beleive dogs in the back of pick-up trucks need to be on a leach attached to the body of the truck

Any moron can own a dog, and most morons do.

A couple of years ago I was passed by some idiot in a pickup truck while going around a dangerous bend.... I didn't even speak, but just shook my head as he passed me. At the next straight stretch, he slammed on the brakes and the pup in the back went flying out of the truck and I will never forget the image embedded in my mind.

When I was a kid, my friend's dad had an El Camino, which was a hybrid car-truck. We used to ride in the back of his El Camino from school a lot. I don't know why people are such wussy now a days. Now a days, my friend's dad would probably get pulled over and arrested for being a bad parent. Why can't they just let people live their lifes like the old days. People are way too paranoid now. My brother-in-law would refuse to buy a car with less than 6 airbags! If people want to take some chances by living life to the fullest, let 'em. Besides, the number of such accidents is probably really small compared to other accidents, like getting hit by a car. Heck, maybe we should ban cars, so no dogs would get hit.

Bikeman982

When I was a kid, my friend's dad had an El Camino, which was a hybrid car-truck. We used to ride in the back of his El Camino from school a lot. I don't know why people are such wussy now a days. Now a days, my friend's dad would probably get pulled over and arrested for being a bad parent. Why can't they just let people live their lifes like the old days. People are way too paranoid now. My brother-in-law would refuse to buy a car with less than 6 airbags! If people want to take some chances by living life to the fullest, let 'em. Besides, the number of such accidents is probably really small compared to other accidents, like getting hit by a car. Heck, maybe we should ban cars, so no dogs would get hit.

Try banning cars - see how that goes over with the general public!!

Topic List: Go to Everything Else