Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By alex, December 27, 2006

Just a bit of info needed for my new(to me) 2000 silver VE Corolla. It's got just under 100K km and was very well maintained. I'd like to add rear speakers but don't see the wires running into the trunk, the cut-outs in the metal under the package tray are there, but I was hoping the wiring was just left there for the models that speakers came standard trim level. Also there is a dent on the lower rr door, just need to get off the bottom trim panel to tap it out but not sure how to pop off the window regulator- is there a trick to this? Any chance there is a link around here for the factory maintenance manual, would come in real handy! Thanks in advance for any help out there...Alex

Cant help you much with the dent you need to hammer out.

But the sound I think I can, I had a 2002 Toyota Tazz (its a corolla hatch) in South Africa that I wired up for sound with JL AUDIO and PPI for mids and tweeters.

Anyhow, my car also had the cut outs for the rear speakers but no cable, I think this is standard and only will get wired if you select that package from the dealer.

I ran the power from the battery down the left of the car under the skirting and then ran the speaker wires from the head unit down the right side (never have your power and speaker cables on the same side of the car, it will whine and distort).

The job was not to difficult, what took the most time was wiring up the head unit.

If you have not done anything like this before it may be well worth having a professional do the job for you.

Cheers

Sheldon

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)