Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Changing Out And Tuning Up

by dnevitable1, December 24, 2006

hey guys just wondering for you guys that drive a 93-97 corolla, if there is any problems that occur like fuel pumps going out or anything. I drive a 95 corolla and was wondering to look for a heads up on what might need to be changed. I have 150k miles on mine.

Bikeman982

hey guys just wondering for you guys that drive a 93-97 corolla, if there is any problems that occur like fuel pumps going out or anything. I drive a 95 corolla and was wondering to look for a heads up on what might need to be changed. I have 150k miles on mine.
I never had a fuel pump go out on me, but I did change one because the fuel gauge didn't work.

It is real easy to do. I changed the pump and the fuel gauge sending unit together as it is a single assembly located under the back seat.

eh just check stuff like your belts

Bikeman982

Check your owner's manual for the scheduled maintenance items. That will tell you what to change, and also what to check/inspect.

You can also get a good repair manual, such as Chiltons or Haynes. It will tell you a lot about your car.

Outside of general maintenance procedures found in Chilton or Haynes manuals as mentioned by Bikeman, the only problem I ever had in my year and a half of ownership was the alternator.

Besides the price I paid for it, here's one of the major deciding factors in why I bought my Corolla:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Reliabil...a&trimid=-1

(I don't know where they got "Alternator Parts: $350", it's only about $180 or so....if you do it yourself. The only annoying thing about changing my alternator was having to remove the windshield washer fluid reservoir, and finding a way to prop it up without it dripping out.)

That Gallon of washer fluid is less than a buck at WalMart.

That Gallon of washer fluid is less than a buck at WalMart.

lmao I didn't mean I'm THAT cheap, I just hate having washer fluid all over my arms and shirt, and sopping up the puddle on the ground.

Topic List