Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Just Turned 160,000 Miles

by Bikeman982, December 17, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

Toyota is so nice to give 100+K miles warranty - but when it is up, don't forget to change the timing belt!

Toyota is so nice to give 100+K miles warranty - but when it is up, don't forget to change the timing belt!

my car lost a timing belt about 120k miles ago, we towed it to the shop and had it back on the road the next day, i love non-interference engines

Wow! Amazing that nothing happened to your car! Good to know Toyota's engine is that robust default_smile

my car lost a timing belt about 120k miles ago, we towed it to the shop and had it back on the road the next day, i love non-interference engines

Guest Hadi

Corolla 2001 1.8L, 204k already, running great & looks great. I do not add any oil between changes (regularly change oil at 3k & filter at 6k).

The only repairs done: changing the evaporator due to a minor leak in freon+ overhauling of clutch at 60K due to driving habits of the pre-owner (got my car at 40K and the clutch was not good).

Bikeman982

The car has reached 205,000 and is still a daily driver.

My car is just over 142,000 miles. It's a 1994 Super White DX (1.8) auto. Things that have been done to the car (to my knowledge)... alternator at 90,000, thermostat, distributor cap & rotor recently (140,000), front motor mount (at about 130,000), brakes (at 135,000) wires and plugs, air filter & oil changes & belts religiously. I had a coolant flush at about 125,000. Also I had to have the harmonic balancer changed at around 130,000.

The car still runs pretty much like a dream. It doesn't seem to burn ANY oil. NO LEAKS, and it still gets pretty good gas mileage (about 29-33). I plan on driving it all the way to California in a year, when I move there. I have no doubt that it will make it there painlessly.

The only thing I have to basically decide is whether or not I'd like to do some suspension work. I know the car probably isn't worth more than $2,800, but if I replaced the struts and had it ride a little smoother, I'd love this car even more.

I also am wondering whether or not I've had the timing belt changed on this car?

All in all, cannot complain. This baby is built to last.

Oo, I forgot, I had to replace 2 interior door handles... lol. And my stock speakers sound a little crappy...

Who else has a little bit of rust forming on their 1993-1994? I have some rust around the rims of the rear wheel wells. I sand it down, and prime and paint every summer... but unfortunately, I think it's irreversible at this point. It's starting to eat the metal a bit.

I pretty much think this car will rust and fall apart before the engine EVER gives up. (Hopefully years from now.)

Topic List