Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2001 Corolla Trunk

by dtks1010, November 18, 2006

I just got a 2001 corolla S, I'm wondering if I could fold down the backseats to expand the trunk. I've search everywhere and I've searched all around the car and can't find out how to fold them down.

Unfortunately - no fold down on the 8th gen Corolla S models. Only the LE trim levels had the available fold down rear seats - the S trim level has a V-brace in the rear that blocks the opening.

Unfortunately - no fold down on the 8th gen Corolla S models. Only the LE trim levels had the available fold down rear seats - the S trim level has a V-brace in the rear that blocks the opening.
The CE's fold as well

The CE's fold as well

If the CE's fold, doesn't it make sense for the S trim to fold as well?

I didn't remember the CE trim having folding rear seats- unless it was an option or regional item.

S trims definitely do not have the ability to fold due to the trunk brace back there - mine is the same way.

My 98 CE folds default_blink

Bikeman982

I have folding seats on my car and think they are great! I can put my hockey sticks in the back seat and into the trunk.

I don't think you can change your seats to fold down without some extreme modifications, if they did not come that way.

My 2002 CE does not fold down...

Bikeman982

I just got a 2001 corolla S, I'm wondering if I could fold down the backseats to expand the trunk. I've search everywhere and I've searched all around the car and can't find out how to fold them down.
It is possible that they do not fold down.

It is an option that your car may not have come with.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)