Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

86 Celica Gts

by 954afe, November 17, 2006 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

So i might have a chance to buy an 86 toyota celica gts, now i dont know much of these cars but id like to hear some more imput, like all the options that were avaivilbe for the car and if the gts came with only the 3sge and if a 3sgte swap is easy or even possible, im looking into making a nice daily drive that has some power, decent suspesnion but will still get me through the snow, maybe like to know all possible colors the car came in, might want to do a full restore on it (full restore on an 86 celica? one might say) ya why not ha

That was a pretty popular generation for the Celicas - 4th gen, ST162 chassis. The S-series engines were pretty close to bullet-proof as you could get. They also take power mods very well compared to the A-series engines. You could swap in a 3SGTE, but with a FWD platform and lightweight, might not get quite the kick you would get if you swapped that in to say a RWD Corolla or MR2. The 3SGE made 150HP from the factory and was pretty quick in its day (I used to have one in HS).

Scionlife.com has a very comprehensive listing of the available model, years, chassis and engine codes, and paint codes for many Toyota cars:

http://www.scionlife.com/toyota/#CE

thank you

Bikeman982

You can try

http://www.6gc.net

- good information for Celicas.

thanks might put this car on hold though, got a chance to buy another rx7, gotta have that over the celica, but i got alot of info from those so thanks everyone, someday i am hoping to build a little sleeper celica alltrac with the 3sgte, i was surprised how fast they are stock even being turbo for its day it was really fast, 15.5seconds back in 88

Bikeman982

thanks might put this car on hold though, got a chance to buy another rx7, gotta have that over the celica, but i got alot of info from those so thanks everyone, someday i am hoping to build a little sleeper celica alltrac with the 3sgte, i was surprised how fast they are stock even being turbo for its day it was really fast, 15.5seconds back in 88
Isn't the Rx7 a Mazda??

sure is, the only way to roll, love the toyota but im a rotary nut first and formost, got that tattoo to show it

Bikeman982

sure is, the only way to roll, love the toyota but im a rotary nut first and formost, got that tattoo to show it
They still making rotary engines?

kidding? the rx8 but i have an old one

• 1,424 posts
They still making rotary engines?

Yeah, Mazda RX-8

Mazda RX-8 Specs

My parents used to drive RX-7s and they were great cars. If I could get my hands on a cherry one now, I'd dump the Corolla for it in a Nanosecond. Their last RX-7 GSL-SE was a truly awesome car; 20 years later that car puts many a new car to shame.

i wouldnt drop my rolla, its to damn reliable, i love rotaries but they spend alot of time not working ha, but to have an awesome summer car and a good winter car my why not have an rx7/corolla line up

Bikeman982

It would be interesting to poll Corolla owners to see what other car they would have, if they didn't have a Corolla.

how do i make a poll? or should we just make a new thread?

It would be interesting to poll Corolla owners to see what other car they would have, if they didn't have a Corolla.
mk1 mr-2 5spd 4agze or a swapped hybrid 7agze in red, blue, or black.

1988 rx7 tubro 2 t3/t4 turbo with my specialy designed bridgeport, something small like 500hp ha, then id fully restore it to look brand new, new paint, new carpet, mmmm ill stop im to excited ha

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas