Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

The Longest Drive

by Silver Bullet September 2, 2004

What the longest distance you've driven in a one day? default_wink

25th april 2004: 530km/320 mi. Moree to Newcastle. eventful trip. got up to 180 km/h in a 110 km/h zone. 3 hours later got a speeding ticket. lost half of my licence points. i no longer speed.

About 950 miles - 15 hour drive - two tanks of gas.

North Canton, Ohio to Outer Banks, NC then back up to Ashburn, VA.

Max

Same here- about 15 hours from Hartford, CT to Lexington, KY.

Longest drive ever or longest drive in a Corolla? My longest ever would be the first day of a 3-day trip from Andrews AFB, MD to Altus AFB, OK which I took back in October 1982. The car was my 1978 Plymouth Horizon with a 4-speed stick, and equipped with a full HF/VHF capable mobile amateur radio station! The first two days of the 2 1/2 day trip were legs of approximately 650 miles each; which took about 12 hours including breaks. The third day I made a shorter 4 hr. leg to give myself time to get checked in and settled down before my month-long Advanced Air Transportation school started. I was able to keep touch with my local amateur radio (ham) buddies in the Washington, DC area and worldwide from my car the whole time I was gone. It was a great time and that Horizon was a good car, in spite of the fact that it was not built to Corolla-like quality and reliability standards. In fact, on that trip, I replaced just about the whole damn electrical system one piece at a time, and the car was only 4 years old at the time.

The longest trip I've taken in either of my two Corollas (Corollae?) would be from my home here in Dover, DE to my ancestral home in Alden, NY -- 450 miles, approx. 8 hrs. driving time plus whatever goofing off I do along the way. I'd like to drive my Corolla across country some day just to say I did it and that I did it in a Corolla!

Boston, MA to Winston-Salem, NC on my 1995 corolla

Took me 18 hours with about 4 hours of sleep/rest on the way.

And then back a week later

Dai_Shan

Longest trip for me in a corolla is about 300 miles(~4.1hrs). But my corolla is pretty green so far.

Longest drive for me(01 saturn) was a drive from Milwaukee to CocoaBeach. ~17hrs with 1hr nap.

745 miles from Cincinnati, OH to Destin on the Florida Gulf Coast.

Time elapsed was 13 hrs approx. Includes stopping for gas and breakfast.

Drove my '93 Corolla.

14 hours for 939 miles from Vancouver, BC back to the SF Bay Area (Pontiac Grand Am).

Next longest was Phoenix, AZ back to the SF Bay Area for 746 miles in 12 hours(Buick Century).

Guest Morg

Longest drive was a 28hrs trip from Quebec city to Miami... three persons alternating between driver, DJ and sleeping on the back bench. Too bad this was done on my Tercel.

Think it's about 2000 miles.

I don't like long car trips. I took too many of them as a child. I always fly when I have a long distance to travel. I find long car trips to be very draining, very headachy. Not at all pleasant.

Chicago, IL to Daytona Beach, Florida. Stopped for 3 hours to take a nap half way there. I think it was around 1200 miles in about 20 hours.

Guest Wendell Wildcat Fan

I drove to Wal-Mart in Elizabethtown, KY. About 20 miles, one way! (Just kidding). Actually, I don't like driving long distances, especially with 2 kids under age 4. In a Corolla, there is precious little cargo space. I guess the longest trip i have made in the Corolla would be about a 3 hour drive to Evansville, Indiana. I got over 40 MPG, too, with a loaded car.

Guest dlichterman

Uh.....maybe like 60-70 miles...i dont have anywhere to go anyway....and with band season started i have no free time

Guest xcel

Hi All:

___It wasn’t my longest but it was the most interesting …

17.03 hours with an average speed of 42.12 mph

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/screenshots/[78]Thumbnail_Record_Attempt_Day_1.jpg

And the final …

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/uploads/pos...-1088567791.jpg

___You can read more about this Record setting drive here default_biggrin

As an edit, I have no idea why the jpg’s aren’t showing up using ubb’s code or why the first won’t link properly so I included the links raw. For the first, you will have to copy and paste into your browser. For the second and third link, just click.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Access-Denied (+1)

Back around Nov of 97. Went from Salt Lake, Ut, to La CA. Something like a 12 hours drive. That was in a 96 Geo Prizm.

I drove the 01 Corolla from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Beaumont, TX in one shot with no sleep breaks (~1100 miles), then from San Antonio, TX to Phoenix, AZ (~1000 miles) two days later.

I didn't keep exact statistics, but as a rule I keep the cruise control on the speed limit on long trips, and averaged 38mpg for the AZ-FL-AZ trip. The Corolla performed well, but the small size was quite apparent after a few hours.

BTW, it is quite depressing to see the mile markers on I-10 westbound start the countdown around 900 at the Texas border!

Topic List