Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Can I Have Your Opinions?

Guest Liana

We just bought a 99 corolla CE. It only has 29k miles on it. What maintenece would you all suggest we do right away on it? It was a certified vehicle at the Toyota dealer, and we had a mechanic check it out and he said all the fluids looked fresh and everything looked great.

Max

If it's certified, all maintenence should have been performed. Beyond that, if you are able to contact the former owner, see if s/he has done the 30k service yet.

Guest Liana

I don't think she did, all maintenece records are with it, and there is not one for the 30k service yet.

• 55 posts

Hello,

I have a 1999 also,anyway drain and replace anti freeze with factory type,maybe replace sparkplugs/and wires due to age. Drain and replace tranny fluid ,change oil/filter.Clean throttle body.

goodluck Badandy

Max

Also replace air filter and rotate tires. Warning- dealerships charge a bloody furtune for this service!

Guest Liana

How do you guys feel about taking it in to Midas or Firestone for stuff like this? Will they use the red anti-freeze stuff like they're supposed to?

Don't take your Corolla to Midas or Firestone -- they'll use substandard parts, fluids, and filters and charge you about the same for this junk as a Dealer Stealer would. Find a good, competent, independent mechanic with a sound and verifiable reputation. Specify that you want your car serviced ONLY with genuine Toyota-brand parts, fluids, and filters. He can order them at wholesale prices right from the Dealer's Parts Department, and simply do the work himself. You will be getting quality service without the tendency to run up the bill simply to squeeze more $$$ out of you.

Guest Liana

Thanks Larry! I didn't know that about Midas and Firestone. Too bad, it's so convenient. default_sad

Access-Denied (+1)

hahah yeah Firestone sucks.

Topic List