Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Need Help Increasing Hp Of My Camry

Guest wtln925

Hey i just registered with this forum and i recently purchased a 2001 Camry 5 months ago. I kind of wanted to make my car a type of sleeper car where you wouldn't expect it to beat a fast car and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to increase the Hp and output of my Camry. Thanks.

Depends on how much you were willing to invest in the project. Mods that run around a few hundred dollars may net you 5-10 WHP. To get something like 50 WHP or more - you can easily run into thousands of dollars - if parts are new.

Guest CorollaCE

In my opinion, the only truly significant, relatively inexpensive, most bang for the buck mod is nitrous (about $500 for another 40 horsepower). If you really want a sleeper, keep in mind you need to drive like granny 98% of the time. If you just want to race everybody and drive fast all the time and are always on the bottle, nitrous will cost you. But if you want to go faster (which is completely different than hunting with your sleeper), you'd be better off spending your money on a street-oriented track school.

Good point about performance oriented driving schools - education and experience will make you a better driver.

A note on nitrous - I agree best bang for the buck - but bewarely of individual local and state laws. Nitrous may be illegal to transport without proper certification. Get caught with NOS - could get your vehicle impounded.

Topic List