Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Performance Products Help

by thermal, September 11, 2006

Hey all:

Just got a 2007 CE manual and have some questions for performance. Anyone have any advice on the following:

Wheels - would like light weight alloy

Tires - how wide should I go without less fuel economy - has 185 stock

Suspension - going with the TRD springs and sway bar (don't want too stiff a ride)

Exhaust - is the TRD much louder then stock?

Intake - any experience with the TRD high flow air filter - the TRD cold air intake is not yet availabe for 2007

Anything else? I don't want to do anything to decrease fuel economy. Thanks all so very much.

Wheels - Centerline forged alloys

Tires - 195/65R15 is stock on S/LE

TRD suspension - good call if you have the $$$

Exhaust - not sure, most "performance" exhaust are louder.

Intake - I use K&N - similar stuff. You may get better fuel economy and a little more oomph if you drive a stick. Otherwise not that noticeable. Good thing is you can wash and reuse it.

TSW is pretty good - also farily lightweight, depending on design. The Volcano is a pretty good choice for their line, simple design and retaining the 15" wheel size will greatly reduce the chance of problems with road hazards. Note they are cast wheels - so if you go to a very extreme profile (17" or 18" wheel) yuo have to be a bit careful - 15" should be OK.

Thanks for your input. The TSW weights 20 lbs. and I think my wheels are 25 lbs.

Did some more research and came up with these. They weight 10 lbs. in the 15x6.5. They are Volk Racing TE37. Click on Rays and then Volk Racing to see them.

http://wheeloptions.com/main.html

I like the looks of the TSW better but the Volk should be better performance.

I've come up with these tires mainly from looking at the tirerack site.

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 195/65/15

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...tireSearch=true

Yeah, the Volks are some of the best wheels you can buy, really strong and lightweight. Also one of the more expensive wheels on the market. I would have gotten those for my Matrix, but at ~$250-$280 a piece, not worth the trouble or expense. For a project or track car, sure - a daily driver, no way.

Those Potenzas should be pretty good - but I would wait until they get a few more reviews and miles reported on the tire. The smaller sampling size on the review could artificially "enhance" the Tirerack's rating of the tire.

The AEM cold air intake can be made to fit your 07 fairly easy. All I had to do for my 06 was add a breather filter and cap the air inlet on the intake tube.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)