Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Seat Belt Latch 2003 Ce

by BobLevine, September 11, 2006

This week the release button for the driver's seat belt doesn't fully pop up when you open the belt. When the belt is plugged in, the red "Press" button comes up like normal.

So far the belt latches well and the warning light works right.

Since I have extended warranty, I'll call my dealer tomorrow. Just feel less than warm and fuzzy about belt's integrity with latch acting funny.

Tried a bit of silicone lube, no help.

Both front belts were replaced on warranty for slow retraction speed. This is the latch buckle for the driver.

Anyone else seen this? No TSB on file.

Thanks,

Bob

Dealer agreed that a malfunctioning latch wasn't good.

Part ordered on warranty.

Bikeman982

Dealer agreed that a malfunctioning latch wasn't good.

Part ordered on warranty.

Let us know how it works out - could be a future TSB.

Interesting

I noticed the same on my 98

Just as an aside, it is my understanding that "active" restraint components, i.e. the seat belts and all of their associated equipment, are warranted essentially for the life of the car. Can anyone positively conform or deny this?

Dealer told me 5 years/60,000 miles unless extended warranty extends it.

Possibly some states/provinces go longer.

Fixed yesterday.

Since CE's over 4 years old, I had dealer change fluid in manual transmission.

Belt works fine now.

Bikeman982

Fixed yesterday.

Since CE's over 4 years old, I had dealer change fluid in manual transmission.

Belt works fine now.

Is there a connection between seat belt functioning and manual transmission fluid?

Glad to hear the belt is fixed.

No connection.

Since car's on TFS extended warranty for two more years, I wanted the fluid changed by the dealer to avoid any possible issues.

Seems to shift a bit smoother.

Bikeman982

No connection.

Since car's on TFS extended warranty for two more years, I wanted the fluid changed by the dealer to avoid any possible issues.

Seems to shift a bit smoother.

What is "TFS"??

Toyota Financial Services - the real Toyota extended warranty.

Southeast Toyota Distributor controls the dealers here in NC and requires them to sell only the extended warranty from their subsidary, Fidelity.

Vastly inferior to TFS warranty. Good news is that any Toyota dealer can sell warranty from TFS to you if you are qualified by being in 3/36 warranty. Got mine from a dealer in MA for a good discount.

Verified with Toyota that I was covered and got my warranty certificates in the mail from TFS.

Bikeman982

Toyota Financial Services - the real Toyota extended warranty.

Southeast Toyota Distributor controls the dealers here in NC and requires them to sell only the extended warranty from their subsidary, Fidelity.

Vastly inferior to TFS warranty. Good news is that any Toyota dealer can sell warranty from TFS to you if you are qualified by being in 3/36 warranty. Got mine from a dealer in MA for a good discount.

Verified with Toyota that I was covered and got my warranty certificates in the mail from TFS.

How much did the extended warranty cost??

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)