Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Car Beeper For Keyless Entry

by fluidicmethod, August 11, 2004

I have a 99 Corolla LE with keyless entry. It wasn't until about a year ago in winter that the car stopped beeping when I hit the keyless entry button. I've ignored it since because the remote keyless entry for my car is rather useless since I have to be at least 5-10 feet from the car anyway. But nowadays it would be nice to have it back because its hard to tell sometimes if in case I accidentilly hit the button twice since the lights blink strange intervals and I'm in a rush all the time.

Anyway basically I've found that whenever it got "really cold" (Minnesota) the beep would come back for a while and then not. Or if I ever ran the air-conditioning fo ra long period of time the beep would come back.

I think I've found the little horn that does it under the hood. There's some insulation around it that has been moved a bit but I don't see anything wrong with it. Is this a wire thing? And is it with the security box inside the car or external?

Sounds like a bad connection somewhere - especailly when you mentioned that it seemed to be temperature related.

Sometimes the alarm system will use the existing horn on the car or use a separate buzzer. If it was a factory alarm system - most of the controls would be below the glove compartment - by the kick panel (ie, VIP security system). Otherwsie - it could anywhere else.

Topic List