Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By muzak, August 5, 2006

I know not everyone likes Nascar, but we all must be happy that Toyota will be entering the Camry next season. Sure, every car seems to have the same shell and the only real Camry part is the name, but the exposure will be great for Toyota. The Tundra's already occupy 3 of the top 4 spots in the truck series, although seem to be slipping a bit these past couple of weeks.

Bikeman982

I know not everyone likes Nascar, but we all must be happy that Toyota will be entering the Camry next season. Sure, every car seems to have the same shell and the only real Camry part is the name, but the exposure will be great for Toyota. The Tundra's already occupy 3 of the top 4 spots in the truck series, although seem to be slipping a bit these past couple of weeks.
Let's see what they can do!

• 1,424 posts

NASCAR is great if you need to boost sales, the old saying, "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" couldn't be more true. It never hurts to increase sales, but I don't want to see Toyota become "The NASCAR fan's offical ride". If Toyotas start to appeal to the typical NASCAR fan, then Toyota will try to woo them and that would be bad for us traditional Toyota buyers.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, look at the NASCAR edition Chevrolet Monte Carlo and see if it is anything you would drive. Just imagine Toyota building something like that in the future.

If Toyota starts making the types of cars that attract typical NASCAR fans, I'm staying away from those Toyota models. That may mean Toyota won't make anything I like, so I'll go to Honda or buy a used BMW or something. I'm not about to ride around in something that projects the image most of those type cars project about their owners.

Bikeman982

Toyotas do not have the reputation of being exceptional performance cars and NASCAR involvement may change that reputation.

I, for one, just like the reliability and dependability. If it comes with better performance, that is just extra.

I'm here in Ontario Canada and have never been to a Nascar race. I guess I'm a bit naive as I only watch it on tv and don't see everything. What do you guys mean about the Nascar fans as I have no idea whatsoever of the people that actually go to the races. I've a feeling they may be a bit redkneck but not sure if thats true.

• 1,424 posts
I'm here in Ontario Canada and have never been to a Nascar race. I guess I'm a bit naive as I only watch it on tv and don't see everything. What do you guys mean about the Nascar fans as I have no idea whatsoever of the people that actually go to the races. I've a feeling they may be a bit redkneck but not sure if thats true.

Not all NASCAR fans are rednecks.

Take a look at this:Monte Carlo Photo Gallery now click at the third picture from the left in the second row of thumbnail pictures. Then look at the dark blue one with the white stripes. That is a NASCAR edition Monte Carlo. I don't want Toyota making cars like that.

I see what you mean. Up here in Canada you can't tell the difference between a Nascar fan or any other type of auto race. We all love Paul Tracy up here.

Funny story about 2 buddies at work who went to race last year and got separate seats. One got beside a 300 pounder who did nothing but spit tobacco all day and the other had a nice Southern gal on either side of him.

A NASCAR race is where you see a collection of people who get together to get drunk and act stupid, mainly because they know they can get away with it. The car racing itself is also pretty boring, one race pretty much looks just like another. Just the same parade of cars making left-hand turns. If there is an accident, which is why most people watch anyway, then the interest level ratchets up a bit, but the cars are built so safe these days that even the most spectacular wrecks (fortunately) end up with the drivers walking away in various states of anger and/or embarrassment.

I just get bored too easily to be a NASCAR fan. Now, if Danica Patrick really did get into it, it may spark my interest for a short while.

I just wait for the highlights (or whatever) and see the crashes. Pretty boring otherwise.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else