Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

What Ever Happened To...

By Max, July 30, 2006

Max

PC? Fish mentioned him in another thread. Does anybody know if he was actually banned from the board?

I believe he (Paul Cherubini) was temporarily badded - he signed back on under a different ID. One of the mods warned him about it and I haven't seen him back since. Too bad - he made for "lively" discussions.

Max

That he did! And I could almost hear him laughing to himself every time he got somebody's goat.

• 1,424 posts
PC? Fish mentioned him in another thread. Does anybody know if he was actually banned from the board?

PC was not banned technically. His last visit to Corolland was on May 19, 2005, which was 10 months after his last warning by Jim, so he can still come on here if he wants. His posts were somewhat abusive at times and so his warning level was increased and increased until it reached 100%. At that warn level he can not post directly to the forum. If he tires to post a message gets sent to the mods to review the post before it goes up. If the mod who looks at it approves it they can allow it to be posted. If they don't approve it, it isn't posted. I would imagine that he is aware of this because I'm assuming Jim told him that this was the consequence for his posts. With that limitation on his ability to post, I'd imagine Corolland wasn't somewhere he wanted to be anymore.

Bikeman982

PC was not banned technically. His last visit to Corolland was on May 19, 2005, which was 10 months after his last warning by Jim, so he can still come on here if he wants. His posts were somewhat abusive at times and so his warning level was increased and increased until it reached 100%. At that warn level he can not post directly to the forum. If he tires to post a message gets sent to the mods to review the post before it goes up. If the mod who looks at it approves it they can allow it to be posted. If they don't approve it, it isn't posted. I would imagine that he is aware of this because I'm assuming Jim told him that this was the consequence for his posts. With that limitation on his ability to post, I'd imagine Corolland wasn't somewhere he wanted to be anymore.

Maybe he moved on to other territory.

Every blog such as this one has at least one "character" in it's midst, such as Paul. I think his leaving makes a big hole here, and I truly wish he'd come back.

I'm carrying a 25% warning level myself for something I don't even remember doing -- and, when asked, the moderators didn't seem able to refer me to the "infraction." Paul was a bit loose with the keyboard at times, but he generally gave good advice. Personally, I'd like to see him back, but only he and the moderators can make that happen.

Bikeman982

Every blog such as this one has at least one "character" in it's midst, such as Paul. I think his leaving makes a big hole here, and I truly wish he'd come back.

I'm carrying a 25% warning level myself for something I don't even remember doing -- and, when asked, the moderators didn't seem able to refer me to the "infraction." Paul was a bit loose with the keyboard at times, but he generally gave good advice. Personally, I'd like to see him back, but only he and the moderators can make that happen.

I invite the controversy, as long as it does not get to an insulting level. I believe we all have opinions and to hear other people's perspectives is very refreshing. I don't know what PC wrote, but if he is not here anymore, it may have been more than Corolla related arguments.

It's been my experience that people who 'put down' others because they perceive them inferior and as 'knowing less' are not worth the trouble.

It's easy to become combative/abusive/insulting to unseen strangers on a bbs, forum, newsgroup, etc. Even in a workplace, people who are highly informed & intelligent yet abusive & arrogant toward others are not worth the trouble they cause.

Accept the fact that some people "don't know as much as you do" and there's no such thing as a stupid question.

Bikeman982

It's been my experience that people who 'put down' others because they perceive them inferior and as 'knowing less' are not worth the trouble.

It's easy to become combative/abusive/insulting to unseen strangers on a bbs, forum, newsgroup, etc. Even in a workplace, people who are highly informed & intelligent yet abusive & arrogant toward others are not worth the trouble they cause.

Accept the fact that some people "don't know as much as you do" and there's no such thing as a stupid question.

I have heard that people who "act" like they have a superiority complex are actually insecure and feel inferior.

Whilst PC made for some lively discussion I personally thought his advice was impractical in a real world sense and he sometimes came across as a bit of a twit - he once suggested that instead of driving recklessly for fun, young people should try drugs instead.

Just an opinion - I do recognise that sometimes I come across as a twit and some of my advice is rubbish default_tongue

You guys are alright, though! default_smile

Bikeman982

I hope I never come across as impractical.

Ocassionally I try to throw in a little humor - some might not get that I am just joking, but for the most part I am here to help in any way I can.

I also ask a lot of questions in hope that someone can shed some light on it and offer their experience with a similar problem.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else