Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest RyanA

Hi,

New to the forum.. Love my 2005 Corolla CE and mostly the gas mileage.

Got the corolla for my wife after her hand me downs kept getting destroyed. One Contour by a prematurely failed timing belt @ 56k miles (engine destroyed) or seized transmission Saturn that got sent to the junkyard. Really looking forward to owning a newer reliable car.

Where can I obtain a repair manual for the car to assist me in servicing it on my own.

I'm going to venture to guess that there probably is nothing released to the public until there is enough demand on the model year out needing DIY maintenance?

Is this true? Is the 93 - 2001 repair guide sufficient? I need enlightenment.

Also by any chance is anyone here from southern NH that can reccommend a good indie mechanic?

Thanks ahead of time.

A 7th gen - 8th gen would probably get you about 70%-80% of what you need to get done on your car. A better guide would be one for the 9th gen Corolla (2003+) model years. Unfortunantely - your 2005 has new features that are exclusive to that particular model year including:

- CAN computer interface

- Emissions change from ULEV to LEVII-ULEV

- charcoal filters added to airbox

- plastic fuel tank

- ECTS-i introduced

- Tire pressure warning system

- A/C changes for LEVII and CARB compliance

- DBW throttle body

and more.

Another option is getting the factory service manual. Could be pricey - but much better than anything else on the market. You might be lucky and able to score an electronic version (CD-ROM or download) from eBay or similar for a greatly reduced cost.

Guest RyanA

How often do the factory service manuals pop up on ebay? I searched the forums on the Haynes manuals and it seems they are marginally approved by the users here. If I am not looking to perform anything major on the car (replace a cylinder etc.) could the Haynes be the right one for me?

I consider a Haynes manual good for maintenance type work - if it involves anything with critical torque numbers or removal of something that is not an accessory - then go with the factory one.

Most of the interior and electrical would be completelu different - if you picked the 7th amd 8th gen CorollaHaynes manual. A good compromise is one for a 9th gen Corolla. If you search online - you might get lucky and find someone that posted one in a PDF format.

Bikeman982

I think you can get a repair manual at auto parts places like Kragen or Autozone. They may not have the 2005 yet, but the 2004 will have some of the same general information.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)