• FJ Cruiser
    • Highlander
    • Land Cruiser
    • RAV4
    • Sequoia
    • Sienna
    • Scion or Lexus (xB, LX, GX, RX)

Just curious what your second favorite Toyotas might be... default_smile

Well - I had a Camry (gave it away), current have a Corolla, Matrix, and use a Tundra a work, folks have a Solara and Sequoia.

If I had a get a second car - it would probably be a Lexus (better interior, quiet, more "upscale").

For truck/SUV - I dig the Tundra and Tacoma, but I couldn't justify a pickup for my current needs.

Van would be nice - but I don't plan on having a boat-load of kids.

The new FJ looks kinda cool, but I default to a Land Cruiser (plenty of towing for me, SUV flexibility, real 4-wheel drive, and legendary name).

Yaris is cute, Prius is now too expensive with the Camry Hybrid out.

I'll never touch a SUV. Sienna will be more useful to my cause.

So... Cute little piglet and fat pig mommy it is. default_laugh

I accidentally clicked Vote instead of View Results (null vote) so I'll write my picks here:

Avalon (basest and cheapest) or the Scion tC (cool glass roof)

RAV4

I picked Lexus. Always good to move to luxury class.

As for trucks/vans, I picked the Land Cruiser, however, I like the old Land Cruiser, the older version of the new FJ Cruiser. Those cruisers are tough.

Bikeman982

I used to have a Camry and I liked that next to Corolla.

I have never driven any of the other models so I have no basis for comparison.

• 1,424 posts

I personally voted for the Solara and the Rav4. I test drove a Solara that was similarly priced to my Corolla and really liked the car, but the trunk was too small for college moving, and plus the Corolla I bought had more features at a similar price. If Toyota was going to make the car past 2008, I'd buy one in a New York minute once I get my first engineering job.

IMHO, that car has everything going for it if you are a person in your mid 20's. For one, that car is just sexy, it looks like a Lexus, and the convertible option is a plus. The interior is sophisticated yet relaxed, and of course it features Toyota's excellent reliability record. The power and fuel economy aren't too bad either and you can actually get one for a good price.

The Rav4 is another winner from Toyota. My mother had a 2006 Rav4 Limited 4WD. Car was 100% trouble free for 3 years. It did most everything well, it was plenty powerful, rode decently, could haul tons of stuff, was really nimble (think like driving a Corolla wagon, a Matrix) and got good fuel economy. I always got complements on the interior from my friends. I would buy one of those in an instant if I needed a SUV, more so now than ever since Toyota added the V6 and a couple of upgrades to eliminate the couple of very slight deficits the previous model had. The STAR safety system that includes standard ABS, stability control, traction control along with side and curtain airbags is another plus.

Bikeman982

I personally voted for the Solara and the Rav4. I test drove a Solara that was similarly priced to my Corolla and really liked the car, but the trunk was too small for college moving, and plus the Corolla I bought had more features at a similar price. If Toyota was going to make the car past 2008, I'd buy one in a New York minute once I get my first engineering job.

IMHO, that car has everything going for it if you are a person in your mid 20's. For one, that car is just sexy, it looks like a Lexus, and the convertible option is a plus. The interior is sophisticated yet relaxed, and of course it features Toyota's excellent reliability record. The power and fuel economy aren't too bad either and you can actually get one for a good price.

The Rav4 is another winner from Toyota. My mother had a 2006 Rav4 Limited 4WD. Car was 100% trouble free for 3 years. It did most everything well, it was plenty powerful, rode decently, could haul tons of stuff, was really nimble (think like driving a Corolla wagon, a Matrix) and got good fuel economy. I always got complements on the interior from my friends. I would buy one of those in an instant if I needed a SUV, more so now than ever since Toyota added the V6 and a couple of upgrades to eliminate the couple of very slight deficits the previous model had. The STAR safety system that includes standard ABS, stability control, traction control along with side and curtain airbags is another plus.

Is your other job a Toyota salesman?

My mother had a 2006 Rav4 Limited 4WD. Car was 100% trouble free for 3 years.....

So what is life like in 2009? GOP still in charge? I think you meant an earlier model. My gf's RAV4/L is nice for what it is. Zero mechanical problems but some body paint issues..especially around the bottom of the rear door default_sad

• 1,424 posts
My mother had a 2006 Rav4 Limited 4WD. Car was 100% trouble free for 3 years.....

So what is life like in 2009? GOP still in charge? I think you meant an earlier model. My gf's RAV4/L is nice for what it is. Zero mechanical problems but some body paint issues..especially around the bottom of the rear door default_sad

Yeah, I meant a 2003 that was actually purchased in 2002.

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas