Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2006 S Lower Grille

by dpiersma, July 1, 2006

Does anyone else have an issue with their lower plastic grille breaking at one or more of the 7 or so contact points? When I was washing it last weekend, I noticed that several of the connection points with the grille above had broken loose. Not sure if I caused it when I went over it with my washing mitt but I looked at the connection points closely and boy is that a cheap piece of plastic! Would I be covered under my warranty for this or am I SOL?

You car is new enough - I don't see why warranty will not cover it. All the Toyotas I've owned had a 12 month / 12,000 mile "cosmetic" warranty. Basically they will cover all the little noises, gaps, squeaks, loose trim, etc. - sometimes they do a good job, sometimes they just stick on a tab of double-sided sticky tape. Worth a shot just to let the dealer see it and see what they can do - otherwise it will just loosen up over time and cause more headaches down the road.

Bikeman982

You should be able to take it to the dealer and get a new one, or get it fixed.

You should get it replaced free as long as no evidence of impact with an object (eg; curb) is present.

• 1,424 posts
You should get it replaced free as long as no evidence of impact with an object (eg; curb) is present.

You might even get it replaced for free if it was hit. My dealer replaced two interior trim items in my car that were worn more than I thought they should be after 14 months of ownership, even though these items are subject to normal wear over time.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)