Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By the99contour, July 1, 2006

• 1,424 posts

I was just wondering if any other 9th generation Corolla owners with factory sunroofs have had squeaks and rattles related to the sunroof. I own a 2005 LE with a factory sunroof and my sliding sunshade rattles and squeaks like mad. It rattles and squeaks in every position except totally open and then pushed back another 1/4". I was considering taking it to the dealer, but unable to find a TSB for this problem, and having knowledge of why the cover rattles and squeaks, I'm not sure they could fix it as I believe the problem is a design flaw. The reason I ask if this is a problem for other sunroof equipped 9th generation owners is that this is the 3rd 9th generation Corolla with a sunroof that I have heard of exhibiting this problem.

I was just wondering if any other 9th generation Corolla owners with factory sunroofs have had squeaks and rattles related to the sunroof. I own a 2005 LE with a factory sunroof and my sliding sunshade rattles and squeaks like mad. It rattles and squeaks in every position except totally open and then pushed back another 1/4". I was considering taking it to the dealer, but unable to find a TSB for this problem, and having knowledge of why the cover rattles and squeaks, I'm not sure they could fix it as I believe the problem is a design flaw. The reason I ask if this is a problem for other sunroof equipped 9th generation owners is that this is the 3rd 9th generation Corolla with a sunroof that I have heard of exhibiting this problem.

Iguess you can add your problem to the eventual leak problem. Just another reason to stay away from sunroofs. Buy a convertible if you want to open the roof.

Ti-Jean

Squeaks and rattles is one reason why I stay away from sunroofs. Even Toyota has a hard time keeping them quiet. Imagine after a few years of rough roads and in cold weather.

Cars have enough things that can rattle and squeak already.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)