Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By tjmatulonis, June 30, 2006

Hello, I just found this board today so this is my first post and already I'm looking for advice :-)

I have a 2003 Corolla LE and for the most part think it's a decent car. I have a new problem where the A/C is leaking a great deal into the passenger side of the vehicle (it's definitely not the heater core). I'm assuming there is some sort of a tube where the condensation is supposed to be collected and drained and that the tube is probably broken or plugged or something similar - my question is where do I begin looking for the problem - from the inside of the vehicle (under the carpet and/or dash), under the hood, or underneath the entire vehicle? I've tried looking for diagrams on the Internet and haven't found anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The condensation drip tube is to the right and below where your cabin air filter is (cabin air filter - right behind the glovebox). The drip tube is part of the main HVAC section close to the center of the dash - should be able to see the tube from under the dash, below the cooler evaporator sub-assembly, and close to the firewall.

Probably some dirt and debris made its way past the cabin air filter and eventually cloged the tube. Or the tube might have fallen off (this is what happened to me a while ago). Then it is a matter of getting the carpet dried up quickly to avoid some nasty surprises later.

Thank you for the reply. That is exactly the information I was looking for. I will look at the problem tonight and will report back with what I find.

Also, yes, you're right about keeping the carpet dry. Fortunately, the shop vac and warm weather seem to be doing a good job at cleaning up the carpet.

I just wanted to respond to my previous post. I was able to check the condensation drip tube as fishexpo101 suggested and that was the problem. I removed the glove box and pulled the carpet back just slightly. I noticed that on the right side of the console there was the drip tube (there is a hard plastic tube coming from above and it connects to a flexible rubber tube without any sort of apparent connector. Anyway, they had become unattached so I just slid them back together and all seems to be fixed. Thanks again.

Bikeman982

I just wanted to respond to my previous post. I was able to check the condensation drip tube as fishexpo101 suggested and that was the problem. I removed the glove box and pulled the carpet back just slightly. I noticed that on the right side of the console there was the drip tube (there is a hard plastic tube coming from above and it connects to a flexible rubber tube without any sort of apparent connector. Anyway, they had become unattached so I just slid them back together and all seems to be fixed. Thanks again.
You might consider clamping them or taping them together so it does not happen again.

I'd use Waterproof Epoxy or Silicone.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)