Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Hyper White

Guest drsoreyes

I heard that hyperwhites blow real fast. is this true? i also heard they last pretty long if you don't touch the bulb and get the oils on your finger on it.

My set of Eurolite Xenon Crystal bulbs lasted 5 months before one of the bulbs blew.

My set of Eurolite Xenon Fusion bulbs lasted 15 months before one of the bulbs blew.

The Fusion model has a mixture of xenon and krypton gAsses which give it a longer lifespan than the Xenon Crystals.

No, I did not get any fingerprints on the bulbs.

Your mileage may vary.

Did you mean hyperwhite bulbs in general or the brand hyperwhites? There are several manufacturers for "hyperwhite" bulbs and they very quite a bit in quality.

Like Ghost mentioned - Eurolite is one of the more popluar ones out there. There is also Excelon, Stanley (JDM brand - not the tools), and few other that excape me at the moment. PIAA and Hella also make "hyper-white" bulbs with different names. The good ones try to stay between 3500K and 4100K in color temperature. The ones that run up to 7000K or 8500K tend to have a blueish/purpleish cast that may be "cool" looking but have really low light outputs. Beware of the HID like version or conversions units. The Halogen reflectors in the car are not designed for them and you will get a weird light cutoff pattern.

Good Luck.

Topic List