Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Avalon Reliability

by Larry Roll June 18, 2006 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

I am curious as to the reliability of the Avalon models. My father just had a major transmission failure on his 2005 Lincoln Town Car, and is hopping mad at the poor reliability of that Ford POS. I've talked him into considering a Toyota Avalon, and have started doing research on it via Internet. What I'd like is some direct feedback on reliability from people who are Avalon owners or who know any. Any comments would be welcome!

• 1,424 posts
I am curious as to the reliability of the Avalon models. My father just had a major transmission failure on his 2005 Lincoln Town Car, and is hopping mad at the poor reliability of that Ford POS. I've talked him into considering a Toyota Avalon, and have started doing research on it via Internet. What I'd like is some direct feedback on reliability from people who are Avalon owners or who know any. Any comments would be welcome!

I know a couple of Avalon owners, and they are highly satisfied with their cars. None of them have had problems, and according to Consumer Reports and other reliability tracking sources the Avalon is just as reliable as the Camry. However, I would stay away from certain toys on the newest Avalon. The Navigation system, the keyless radio-frequency entry and start, and the laser based cruise control on the Limited model are just toys that may break later on.

I'm sorry about the tranny failure on a 2005 Town Car.

Hopefully you can convince you father to purchase a high quality AMERICAN-BUILT car like an Avalon. (Yes it is built in Kentucky)

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas