Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Recalls For 1998 Toyota Corolla

by twinky64, June 12, 2006

I've found out that I have a recall for my 1998 toyota corolla. Do I just walk into any toyota dealer and they will deal with it for free? My car was recalled in march 2006. I'm suprised to see that toyota took 8 years to figure out that there my be something wrong with exterior lights.

Yup - bring in the paperwork and they will let you know if there is any charge (~90% it is free - depends on what they need to do, exactly). Any authorized Toyota dealer will be able to handle it - some independant as well - just have to ask.

Bikeman982

I've found out that I have a recall for my 1998 toyota corolla. Do I just walk into any toyota dealer and they will deal with it for free? My car was recalled in march 2006. I'm suprised to see that toyota took 8 years to figure out that there my be something wrong with exterior lights.
How did you find out - did they mail you paperwork? It can be done for free at any authorized dealership. They, of course, will do the recall and may even notice some other service that they will recommend - that will cost you.

How did you find out - did they mail you paperwork? It can be done for free at any authorized dealership. They, of course, will do the recall and may even notice some other service that they will recommend - that will cost you.

Here is how I found out http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-reca...a/ce/index.html

OK, I see - I thought it was a manufacturer (Toyota) recall. Its actually a recall on aftermarket clear corner lamps and similar. Affects more than just Toyota - link here

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...EWS11/603290507

Quote:

DETROIT (AP) -- A manufacturer of automotive headlights is recalling more than 60,000 replacement lamps used in vehicles made by nearly every major automaker.

Pro-A Motors is recalling combination headlights that were sold as replacements because some of them do not have amber side reflectors as required by federal standards, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said on its Web site Wednesday.

Without the reflectors, the vehicles will be poorly lighted, potentially causing crashes, NHTSA said.

Pro-A will notify owners and offer to buy back the lamps. The recall is expected to begin this month.

NHTSA said the recall does not affect original equipment headlights.

The company sold 61,944 of the headlights, which fit some Acura, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Isuzu, Jeep, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Pontiac, Saturn, Toyota and Volkswagen models.

OK, I see - I thought it was a manufacturer (Toyota) recall. Its actually a recall on aftermarket clear corner lamps and similar. Affects more than just Toyota - link here

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...EWS11/603290507

Quote:

DETROIT (AP) -- A manufacturer of automotive headlights is recalling more than 60,000 replacement lamps used in vehicles made by nearly every major automaker.

Pro-A Motors is recalling combination headlights that were sold as replacements because some of them do not have amber side reflectors as required by federal standards, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said on its Web site Wednesday.

Without the reflectors, the vehicles will be poorly lighted, potentially causing crashes, NHTSA said.

Pro-A will notify owners and offer to buy back the lamps. The recall is expected to begin this month.

NHTSA said the recall does not affect original equipment headlights.

The company sold 61,944 of the headlights, which fit some Acura, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Isuzu, Jeep, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Pontiac, Saturn, Toyota and Volkswagen models.

Thanks man

Bikeman982

I did not purchase any of those headlights.

It is a safety recall.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)