Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Best Repair Manual For A 2002?

by JeffG, May 21, 2006

Can any one recommend a good repair manual for the 2002 series?

I have liked Haynes in the past but Im not thriled that the 2002 is 1993 through 2002

I wonder how much of it would pertain to the 2002 year...

now_driving_VW

Factory Toyota manual. Sometimes you might be able to strike a good deal on ebay

Factory is the best, like the previous poster says, Ebay. That's where I picked up my 93' manual.

Does any one know how Techinfo (TIS) compares to the published book?

Bikeman982

Chilton's is another good source for repair manuals.

Chilton's? Good? I've always heard that Haynes is the lesser of the two evils default_blink

Guest zain

Factory is the best, like the previous poster says, Ebay. That's where I picked up my 93' manual.
Techinfo is basically the PDF files for the manual. The good news is that its $10 for a one day subscription. The bad news is that each PDF file does not correspond to a chapter, but just to a few pages so if you plan on downloading the PDFs (which you have to do one by one) it will take a lot of clicking.

Bikeman982

Chilton's? Good? I've always heard that Haynes is the lesser of the two evils default_blink

I always get them both - that way I can compare. Each has some definite advantages and together they are complimentary. I like the pictures!!

I always get them both - that way I can compare. Each has some definite advantages and together they are complimentary. I like the pictures!!

Both is best I suppose Bikeman, but what happens when the two tell you 2 different things? Probably fairly rare, but its like that old joke, a man with 2 watches is never sure what time it is. default_unsure

I guess come to COROLLAND.COM and ask default_wink

How do you think the Chilton's and Haynes compare to the Toyota Service manual?

I have picked up a Toyota service manual from ebay... I was hesitant to get the Haynes because it covers a decade of vehicles... 93 to 02

Sounds like you have choosen wisely. There is no comparison between the Chilton and Haynes to Toyota Factory manual. The problem comes with the model year span that most aftermarket repair guides cover. Like you mentioned - the Haynes covers nearly a decade of models and brands (Corolla/Prism). These books still have use though - if you have a mix of Corolla and Prism that span those years - then a Haynes or Chiltons will work great. But these cannot hold a candle to the factory service manual - especially for more complicated repairs.

Bikeman982

Both is best I suppose Bikeman, but what happens when the two tell you 2 different things? Probably fairly rare, but its like that old joke, a man with 2 watches is never sure what time it is. default_unsure

I guess come to COROLLAND.COM and ask default_wink

Even if you have a hundred watches, the time is set by an international standard.

Both manuals can be compared and then the actual repair will reveal the truth.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)