Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1999 Corolla Ve Interior Door Handle Replacement.

by Bad_dude, May 20, 2006

Bad_dude

Hi guys,

One problem after another. My interior door handle, driver's side, has just crack open completely. I cannot open the door from the inside. It's the plastic outlining the handle area. Here's the part. Does anyone have any experience with replacing this part? It seems like I would have to take out the entire door panel to get to latch on the cable of the door handle to do the replacement.

Any help would be very greatful.

Thanks all.

Mine has manual locks, auto may be different. I didn't have to remove the door panel.

This topic should not be in the performance section!

replacing door handle

That part was the same that I replaced. Just one screw, no need to remove the door panel. Try it, you can't hurt anything!

Bad_dude

Mine has manual locks, auto may be different. I didn't have to remove the door panel.

replacing door handle

That part was the same that I replaced. Just one screw, no need to remove the door panel. Try it, you can't hurt anything!

I did it. I did not buy a new one as I don't have time to go to the junk yard today. I move the back door handle to the front for the time being. I can't believe how easy it was. My brother in law took the whole frigging side panel making my door looks like crap now.

Thanks for your help Anton.

Bikeman982

replacing door handle

I did it. I did not buy a new one as I don't have time to go to the junk yard today. I move the back door handle to the front for the time being. I can't believe how easy it was. My brother in law took the whole frigging side panel making my door looks like crap now.

Thanks for your help Anton.

It is not neccessary to remove the door panel to change the handle.

Just take out the screw, slide the handle, it will pull out, then unsnap the plastic rod holder and pull the rod out.

Installation is the reverse.

Now that you have done it, you can get another handle for your back door.

They sell them on e-Bay pretty cheap.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)