Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2001 Corolla Matrix

Guest NhiaXeng

After a little research, I noticed that you could take a corolla wagon 1993-1997 and with a few modifications less than 1K make yourself a 2001 Corolla Matrix.

How?

Easy... just a little bit of rewiring, drilling, and some nuts and bolts and... volla... a Corolla Matrix.

What you need: (You can get this at a junk yard, or a junk yard can order you an aftermarket part just like it.)

2001 Front Bumper Cover

2001 Front Headlamps (Both Left and Right)

2001 Front Side Markers (You can get clear ones on e-bay for 30 bucks)

NOTE: do not get 98-200 corolla side markers... they will be too small

2001 Fog Lights (Optional)

1998-2001 Hood, looks better than old hood

What you need 2 do:

Re-route the front turn signals to the side marker turn signals...

93-97 corolla's use a seperate front light for turning while 98+ use the side marker and a brighter bulb for turning

If you choose the optional fog lamps, you could go to your nearest Wal-Mart and buy a set of generic fog lamps for 20 bucks and use that installation kit with a few mods from radio shac to install the stock fog lamps

your gonna need to drill two holes to mount the headlamps to your car...

nut and bolt everything on... and with a Matrix sticker... you gots yourself a

2001 Corolla Matrix

Now... for the serious peepz...

the engine mounts for a 93-97 corolla seems to be the same as the new 01s... so if you're feeling brave and gots 2k to upgrade your car with... u can throw in a 2001 VVTI engine... but remember.. you will need the newer trans... and the computer (ECU)... and a little bit more mods...

Ps. you will need a newer 2001 gas tank w/ the fuel pump and all the other wirings... because... 93-97 corollas have the fuel filter on the fuel line... while 98+ corollas have the fuel filter BUILT into the fuel pump... (BTW fuel pump can be accessed w/o taking your gas tank out by removing your rear seats..)

That's all... Byez

How about some pics?

Guest NhiaXeng

I haven't done this yet.. I wish I could... no $$$ default_sad

my mother owns a 96 corolla and I own a 2001 corolla... I've measured up and down the car and EVERYTHING from the middle to the front of the car is the same, the only difference is from the middle to the back of the cars... 01's back doors are an amazing (sarcasticly default_wacko ) 1 inch longer and have a smaller but taller butt

one day I will do this... until then... I can only dream... default_wub

how bout some drawings?

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)