Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Jacking Up The 2000 Corolla

by crypticlineage, April 18, 2006

Can I use the tire jack in the trunk to lift the car so it can sit on the jack stands? If yes, where should I position the tire jack (scissor type) and the jack stands? Also, is it okay to jack up only front of the car?

default_smile just spend the $40 and get a nice jack man, that scissors lift is meant to ONLY one of 4 places on the car which coincidently where you'll want to put the jack stands.

^^^ I agree with Bitter. The OEM scissor jack is for emergencies only. I would not trust that to lift up the car high enough to slide in jackstands.

Bikeman982

The jack that comes with the car is meant to use for emergencies when you get a flat and want to put on the temporary spare tire. It is intended to be used just enough to get the wheel off the ground and not to raise the majority of the car. I have a couple of floor jacks and also some car ramps and some jackstands that I use to keep the car raised. I use the floor jack to get it high enough to put the ramps and jackstands under it. I recommend you get a good floor jack.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)