Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Update On My 2004 Corolla

by enotoga, April 15, 2006

....The car is almost exactly 2 years old and I just went over 36k. The car is now officially out-of-warranty. I have had ZERO warranty repairs needed and my only complaint is lower than expected fuel efficiency in the city. At this point the car needs new tires and wiper refills, and that's about it.

I fully expect this car to go about 150k before needing any new components such as starter, ignition coil, or alternator. The only thing I believe I'll have to do until 150k is continued oil and air filter changes and a couple of front end brake jobs. Perhaps a new exhaust system at 120k due to road salt.

So far the Corolla has been a great purchase.

Max

Excellent news, enotoga. My car rolls along with no repair issues, as well.

Bikeman982

Sounds like a sweet ride.

friendly_jacek

....The car is almost exactly 2 years old and I just went over 36k. The car is now officially out-of-warranty. I have had ZERO warranty repairs needed and my only complaint is lower than expected fuel efficiency in the city. At this point the car needs new tires and wiper refills, and that's about it.

I fully expect this car to go about 150k before needing any new components such as starter, ignition coil, or alternator. The only thing I believe I'll have to do until 150k is continued oil and air filter changes and a couple of front end brake jobs. Perhaps a new exhaust system at 120k due to road salt.

What about the 60000 powertrain warranty?

Bikeman982

Did you pay any extra for the car warranty that you never used??

I did not buy the extended warranty. I was under the impression that the car came with 36 month or 36,000mi bumper to bumper and that was it. If I have 60k on the powertrain, that's great but I probably won't use it.

I think extened warranties on corollas are a sucker's bet. I'll bet on the corolla instead of against it. If I'm wrong and the corolla needs a warranty repair before 100,000 miles, I'll probably be able to get the car fixed for less than the $700 cost of the warranty anyway.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)